Sr. Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails / React)
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Fingerprint is a leading global provider of digital content and services for kids and families. The company has a premium library of 4,000+ games, books and videos from 300+ developers in 60 countries and global distribution partnerships with leading OEMs, Mobile Carriers, and Retailers including Samsung, Verizon, Walmart, Excelligence Learning and more. Fingerprint’s new award winning mobile and OTT platform “Kidomi” delivers top content of all types to kids everywhere they want it – it’s the only family entertainment platform that puts kids first.
Fingerprint is funded by media and technology investors including Corus Entertainment, DreamWorks Animation, Reed Elsevier Ventures, Trinity Capital Investment and GSV. Located in the heart of San Francisco on Union Square, Fingerprint is looking for people interested making great products for the next generation - kids! For more information, visit fingerprintplay.com or facebook.com/FingerprintPlay
Fingerprint is seeking a passionate Senior Software Engineer/Architect to join our growing team in San Francisco.
Working directly with the CTO/VP of Engineering, product, and other key team members, you’ll be responsible for designing and creating a mission critical content management and publishing system that will help facilitate delivery of apps, audio, book and videos to millions of users across multiple networks around the globe.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual who lives and breathes code and data!
- Passion for clean, functional, classy, elegant and secure code.
- At least 6-years of experience designing/architecting and shipping production code in Ruby on Rails, and React/Redux.
- Demonstrate a mastery of computer science fundamentals and design patterns (algorithms, data structures, etc.).
- Expert knowledge of SQL (PostgresSQL preferred) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis) databases.
- Experience with C#, Crystal, Elixir, Go, Java, or Kotlin plus.
- Eagerness to learn, mentor and teach.
- Love for data, analytics and DevOps (AWS, and Azure) a plus.
- Eligibility to work in U.S. without sponsorship.
- Benefits: health, dental, life insurance, vision
- Paid vacation
- Employee stock option program
- Available 401K plan
- Employee referral program
- Stocked kitchen
- Accessible to all public transportation including BART and MUNI via Powell Station
- Bright, cheerful, convenient, Union Square location