Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails)
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Fingerprint has built a mobile technology platform that supports networks of linked apps, improving discoverability, monetization, and direct consumer relationships. The technology platform can be deployed on any device and customized for Education, Media, Carrier, or Pay TV companies. Fingerprint's customers include industry leaders like Samsung and Sylvan Learning. The Company has won over 25 awards including Appy Award and Family's Choice Award.
The company has raised a total of $19M, including a $10.9M Series B closed in June 2014. Leading investors are Dreamworks Animation, Corus Entertainment, and Reed Elsevier Ventures. Located in the heart of San Francisco on Union Square Fingerprint is rapidly growing and looking for great employees.
Fingerprint is seeking a passionate Software Engineer to join our growing team in San Francisco. Working directly with the VP of IT/Ops, VP of Product, and other key team members, you’ll be responsible for designing and creating the critical internal and partner-facing business systems that support our mobile networks around the world. This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual who lives and breathes code and data!
- At least (2) years professional experience with web application development and architecture using Ruby on Rails.
- Export knowledge of MVC, OOP, and design patterns.
- In-depth understanding of RDBMS / SQL (NoSQL/MongoDB a plus)
- Experience with data analytics tools such as MixPanel, Google Analytics, etc.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, Agile environment
- A consummate collaborator, able to establish strong relationships with technical, product, and business experts
- Accustomed to providing all the options related to achieving the user’s objectives
- A champion of quality, able to QA and vouch for the integrity of the report output
- Maintaining business stakeholder engagement and setting expectations
- Assessing current processes and recommending changes as needed
- Documenting and communicating technical specifications to ensure that proper and optimized techniques, queries, data standards, and final deliverables are understood and incorporated into data and analytics processes
- Strong prioritization and time-management skills
- Translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to implement the required user-friendly environments, reports and dashboards, created from potentially multiple data sources
- Benefits - health, dental, life insurance, vision
- Paid vacation
- Employee stock option program
- Available 401K plan
- Employee referral program
- Stocked kitchen
- Accessible to all public transportation including BART and MUNI via Powell Station
- Bright, cheerful, convenient, Union Square location