Mobile Game Designer
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Fingerprint has built a mobile technology platform that supports networks of linked apps, improving discoverability, monetization, and direct consumer relationships. The technology platform can be deployed on any device and customized for Education, Media, Carrier, or Pay TV companies. Fingerprint's customers include industry leaders like Samsung and Sylvan Learning. The Company has won over 25 awards including Appy Award and Family's Choice Award.
The company has raised a total of $19M, including a $10.9M Series B closed in June 2014. Leading investors are Dreamworks Animation, Corus Entertainment, and Reed Elsevier Ventures. Located in the heart of San Francisco on Union Square Fingerprint is rapidly growing and looking for great employees.
Fingerprint is seeking a Senior Mobile Games Producer with a proven track-record in the Mobile/Social gaming space with a passion for Kids products. We’re looking for the best talent out there to work with a team of creative, product and technical leads creating the next generation of consumer-focused edutainment gaming software, Internet and mobile applications. The Producer, Mobile Gaming is responsible for leading a slate of gaming projects for iOS and other mobile platforms. The Producer is responsible for managing all cross-functional aspects of both internal and external projects from concept to launch to live operations.
Fingerprint is seeking a game designer with a proven track-record in the Mobile/Social gaming space with a passion for Kids products. We’re looking for the best talent out there to work with a team of creative, product and technical leads creating the next generation of consumer-focused educational gaming software, Internet and mobile applications.
- Participate in brainstorming to devise and select core concepts
- Devise systems and balance in-game resources and economy to ensure player’s long term retention and to optimize monetization.
- Design novel gameplay while developing new game IP.
- Evolve design decisions based on regular play testing and audience feedback.
- Produce and update design specs, balance sheets and misc documentation
- Work with the production team throughout the development & lifecycle of a game
- Provide and receive critiques in a constructive manner with suggestions and solutions for improvement.
- Remain current on industry trends including: new game genres, new game design methods and emerging platforms.
- Contribute to the strategic planning and design for new gaming projects
- Passionate game player with in-depth knowledge of current social, mobile and casual game titles with desire for making great games that kids and parents will love
- 1-3 years of Game Design experience with a focus on Casual, Social and/or Mobile games
- Demonstrated proficiency with systems design, game tuning, content design, user experience design and design documentation
- Proven aptitude producing, launching, maintaining and/or growing top-performing iOS, Online, or Facebook games
- Deep knowledge of Freemium games and in-game monetization/economy
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- BA/BS degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Preferred Experience
- iOS/Android product development experience
- SCRUM/Agile development experience
- Scripting or Prototyping experience
- Benefits - health, dental, life insurance
- Flex time and telecommuting options
- Paid vacation
- Employee stock option program
- Employee referral program
- Stocked kitchen
- Accessible to all public transportation including bart via powell station
- Bright, cheerful, convenient, Union Square location