Full Stack Engineer
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Fingerprint is a leading global provider of digital content and services for kids and families. The mobile technology company creates custom kids' learning platforms and curates content for customers around the world including Samsung, Verizon, and Excelligence Learning.
Industry leaders in technology, edutainment, broadcast and more license Fingerprint's technology platform and use their content solutions to serve up customized branded mobile networks that help them better connect with mobile families and teachers in a kid-safe and meaningful way.
Fingerprint is funded by media and technology investors including Corus Entertainment, DreamWorks Animation, Reed Elsevier Ventures, Trinity Capital Investment and GSV. Located in the heart of San Francisco on Union Square, Fingerprint is looking for people interested making great products for the next generation - kids! For more information, visit fingerprintplay.com or facebook.com/FingerprintPlay.
We are seeking seeking a passionate full stack developer with a keen eye for usability and polish. Working directly with the CTO and a core team of engineers, you'll be responsible for creating kid/parent user interfaces and the back-end that supports them for our mobile/partner networks around the world. Be excited about pushing the boundaries of HTML5 on mobile, innovative web development and more!
- Experience with Java back-end development in a production environment
- Experience building scalable services supporting mobile and web clients
- Familiarity with front-end development using modern JS frameworks such as React
- Familiarity with nosql databases such as MongoDB a plus
- iOS/Android Cross-Platform mobile development a plus
- Ruby on Rails experience a plus
- Localization/Internationalization experience
- You love to write code, you are creative, and you live to ship products!
- Comfortable with fast-paced, collaborative, iterative development
- Comfortable with multi-tasking -- it's a small, fast-paced, consumer start-up
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science
- Eligibility to work in U.S. without sponsorship
- Benefits - health, dental, life insurance
- Paid vacation
- Employee stock option program
- Employee referral program
- Available 401K plan
- Stocked kitchen
- Accessible to all public transportation including BART via Powell station
- Bright, cheerful, convenient, Union Square location