Marketing & Operations | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Fingerprint has built a mobile technology platform that supports networks of linked apps, improving discoverability, monetization, and direct consumer relationships. The technology platform can be deployed on any device and customized for Education, Media, Carrier, or Pay TV companies. Fingerprint's customers include industry leaders like Samsung and Sylvan Learning. The Company has won over 25 awards including Appy Award and Family's Choice Award.
The company has raised a total of $19M, including a $10.9M Series B closed in June 2014. Leading investors are Dreamworks Animation, Corus Entertainment, and Reed Elsevier Ventures. Located in the heart of San Francisco on Union Square Fingerprint is rapidly growing and looking for great employees.
Who Are You?
• You are a seasoned Creative Director with proven experience in building successful digital products for a variety of platforms.
• You have been responsible for product UX, visual and creative direction of a digital product suite
• You like doing hands on work on a daily basis.
• You can move seamlessly between interaction and visual design.
• You can take ideas from concept to wireframe to design to final spec.
• You can balance the needs of the business, technology, brand, and user in all designs.
• You have grown and led design teams in technology based organizations.
• You are connected to the design community and love innovating.
• You’re a great team player and love collaborating.
• You’re fun to be around.
What You'll Be Doing
• Leading Fingerprint’s design direction, strategy, team, and vision.
• Collaborating with other teams (engineering, product, marketing, etc.) and playing a key leadership role in crafting strategy and execution of our visual design, brand aesthetic, user experience, product strategy and processes.
• Managing, mentoring and continuing to build a talented team of designers, ensuring the team works and grows in an open, cohesive way with other functions.
• Setting, maintaining and clearly communicating design priorities, deadlines and processes.
• Leading and contributing design concepts across product and marketing and delivering high quality, multi-platform designs in line with business goals.
• Lead and manage the product design team through ideation, UX design, visual design and creative production for Fingerprint and our customer’s mobile products.
• Connect our UX across web, mobile, and smart TVs to create a seamless experience while also addressing user requirements unique to each platform.
• Work cross functionally to help identify user requirements to shape and prioritize features.
• Be data driven - embrace A/B and usability testing to understand which design/interactions work best - use these insights to continually improve our user experience.
• Provide hands on direction for the development and production of all digital assets.
• Support Fingerprint’s product execution with our customers on the web and through all applicable App stores.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Strong design background building and shipping amazing digital products.
• 5-8 years of experience designing products plus experience managing a team
• A portfolio that shows a range of customer focused or user focused software design solutions.
• Experience balancing creative and analytical design goals.
• A visual taste that will satisfy both Fingerprint and our customers in new directions.
• An awareness of the strengths, weaknesses and constraints of popular technologies and mediums.
• Ability to thrive and effectively communicate in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
• A passion for making beautiful, engaging products.
• Work cross functionally and help identify user requirements to shape and prioritize feature sets across multiple platforms.
• Create an environment that fosters high quality creative output .
• Strong business acumen.
• Knowledge of key design tools including: Photoshop, Illustrator, and business products like Power Point and Key Note.
• Ability to create interactive prototypes to test and share ideas.
• Familiarity with motion graphics and know how to apply it to UI transitions and interactions.
• You know front-end code well enough that you can read and potentially write it.
• You're highly motivated and extremely organized and can intuitively manage multiple projects and processes.
• Ability to work in the U.S. at Fingerprint's San Francisco office.