Senior Product Management Leader
Product | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is transforming the world in almost every industry. Everyone knows only high-quality annotated training data can produce the most accurate machine learning solutions. However, creating training data with high-quality in a scalable way is very challenging and very few companies can do it. Even less can do it well, which is why businesses across all industries trust Figure Eight.
In March 2019, Figure Eight was acquired by Appen. Together, Appen and Figure Eight combine the best of human and machine intelligence to provide high-quality annotated training data that powers the world’s most innovative machine learning (ML) and business solutions. The Figure Eight platform enables ML and data-driven business solutions to scale across a diverse set of industries including retail, automotive, finance, manufacturing, agriculture, life sciences, robotics, and more. The Figure Eight platform transforms audio, video, text, and images into high-quality annotated data to support a variety of use cases ranging from computer vision and search relevance to data categorization and natural language processing (NLP). Learn more at www.figure-eight.com.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager / Director of Product Management to participate in the creation of new products and features, from ideation to launch. You will lead the entire development life cycle for our workforce management product line including product strategy, requirements development, roadmap management, customer engagement, and collaborating with other stakeholders from the engineering, marketing, sales, and operations departments in order to ensure that the financial and customer satisfaction goals are met.
Your main responsibilities include capturing business priorities, writing user stories and detail around product requirements, and working with engineering and other cross-functional teams for testing, delivery, and analysis.
You will have the opportunity to drive the product which represents the foundation of company success and helps millions of people to train AI more efficiently.
You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams and product managers and be involved in design, implementation, and deployment of products that deliver the company's vision and strategy.
- Gain a deep understanding of the Appen workforce management platform and its use cases through working with recruiting, client service and domain experts and specialists.
- Work directly with VP of Product to shape the long-term product and business direction and requirements.
- Own products from conception to launch, working with our design, data scientist, engineering and QA teams to deliver transformative products that derive value from our unique strengths as a business.
- Oversee feature prioritization for the development teams and keep programs running on time within an agile development environment.
- Adopt a data-driven approach to analyze the implementation of features based on business and customer impact.
- Create support and training documents for internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate with design and product to develop and act on customer feedback regarding our products and services.
- At least 5 years’ work experience in a product related function.
- Comfortable leading customer meetings with prospects.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, problem solve, and manage stakeholder issues.
- Comfortable setting data-driven standards and holding teams accountable for metrics and decisions.
- Deep understanding and experience with technology platform infrastructure.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and with customers.
- Experience in Agile Product Development methodologies and processes.