Senior Product Designer
Product | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Figure Eight is the essential human-in-the-loop AI platform. With 10 years’ experience, we make the world’s most widely used software for Artificial Intelligence. We have created 100s of millions of training data items from billions of human judgments, working closely with our customers to develop Machine Learning and Data Annotation strategies.
We have San Francisco’s top leadership team in Machine Learning. Our VP of Product ran 1/3 of IBM Watson’s products before she joined us. Our VP of Machine Learning was Chief Scientist at Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence, etc) before she joined us. Our CTO is a former disaster response leader and Stanford PhD. Across the company, we celebrate our diversity and enjoy collaborating within the company and across our customers.
At Figure Eight (formerly CrowdFlower) you will work on a wide range of applications. If you speak to your phone, personalize your music, shop online, or if your car parks itself, then you have likely used machine learning powered by Figure Eight. We also run the world’s largest marketplace for human annotation, with more than 100,000 people regularly working on our platform to provide human training & evaluation for machine learning.
Our Product and Design teams are solving one of the most important problems in technology: how should Human and Machine Intelligence be combined to solve tasks? We are leading the way in designing the next generation of Human-in-the-Loop Machine Learning solutions, working closely with our customers.
For more about what we build, please visit www.figure-eight.com/overview
We are looking for a talented Product Designer who is passionate about solving problems with technology. As a senior product designer you will work from the beginning to the end of product building. You will work closely with Product Management, Engineering, Machine Learning, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success to design new products and improve existing ones. As a senior product designer you will have the opportunity to mentor other designers and help shape the culture of design at Figure Eight.
- Act as a leader within the Product Design team, collaborating with other designers to make their work and processes better.
- Work closely with Product Management, Engineering, and Machine Learning to bring product initiatives to life.
- Translate research insights into ideas that form disruptive new products and features, then realize these ideas by working through conceptual models and detailed interaction patterns.
- Deliver high quality and consistently usable, beautiful and inspiring product features across our entire platform.
- Contribute to shaping and communicating a compelling long-term AI and customer-first design strategy and vision for the company. Own the style guide, design principles and process from problem definition to design implementation.
- Guide products towards solutions that are unquestionably simple, intelligent, intuitive, and just work for our users.
- Experience designing digital products and systems, not just websites. You have helped ship products within an agile environment.
- At least 1 years of professional experience as a senior product designer.
- At least 5 years experience as a product software designer.
- Ability to empathize with all kinds of users providing ease, trust, and delight.
- You have both soft and hard skills. You are the collaborative glue that inspires product management and engineering and get the team to envision what could be.
- A portfolio of relevant design work, executed either by yourself or a team that you were a lead on, that conveys an ability to ship successful products that people love.
- You love designing beautiful experiences yourself - from concept into the nitty gritty of interaction design.
- A passion for customer-driven and user-centered design. You should know how to lead design thinking sessions, set up process and infrastructure for making our customers the center of our design process.
- Experience working cross functionally with engineers and product managers to drive strategy, vision, and execution
- Interest (ideally experience) designing intelligent interfaces powered by machine learning systems that assist and augment human intelligence.
- Comfortable juggling a wide range of responsibilities at the same time.