Sales Development Manager
Sales | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is transforming the world in almost every industry. Everyone knows only high-quality annotated training data can produce the most accurate machine learning solutions. However, creating training data with high-quality in a scalable way is very challenging and very few companies can do it. Even less can do it well, which is why businesses across all industries trust Figure Eight.
In March 2019, Figure Eight was acquired by Appen. Together, Appen and Figure Eight combine the best of human and machine intelligence to provide high-quality annotated training data that powers the world’s most innovative machine learning (ML) and business solutions. The Figure Eight platform enables ML and data-driven business solutions to scale across a diverse set of industries including retail, automotive, finance, manufacturing, agriculture, life sciences, robotics, and more. The Figure Eight platform transforms audio, video, text, and images into high-quality annotated data to support a variety of use cases ranging from computer vision and search relevance to data categorization and natural language processing (NLP). Learn more at www.figure-eight.com.
About the Role
We have a great team of overachieving SDRs. Now we’re looking for a sales development leader to leverage all the individual strengths and turn them into team-wide best practices as we mature. You’ll continue to bring out for the upside in new members as we scale the team and continue our strong tradition of promotion. You’ll continue to drive inbound and outbound pipeline growth by directing and coaching our Sales Development Representative (SDR) team from our San Francisco office. The ideal candidate will balance leadership with operational rigor.
You will collaborate with the Director to deliver a comprehensive training program, provide ongoing sales coaching, and monitor sales prospecting activity levels while maintaining a team-oriented, performance-minded culture, aligned with our Core Values and Operating Principles. Additionally, this role will work with Sales and Marketing leaders to ensure the SDR team is properly positioning our service and qualifying leads across our product applications. If your passion is building your brand through enabling others, we’re interested.
- Passionately responsible for the overall performance of the SDR Team, including metric performance, rep development, and strength and unity of culture.
- Facilitate the joint hiring and ramping new SDRs with training, including product knowledge, buyer personas, competition, tools training, and plenty of role-plays.
- Provide SDRs with a coaching cadence of time management, prospecting tactics, and active listening skills.
- Identify and champion innovation to leadership.
- Drive operational excellence through constant process innovation and technology stack improvements.
- Review and maintain metrics to ensure accurate management reports
- Achieve data-driven outcomes by utilizing data analytics and to improve sales effectiveness.
You must have
- Track record as a high-performing SDR/BDR required
- 1+ year managing a SaaS team
- Demonstrable proficiency in SalesForce CRM, email tooling, Sales Navigator, as well as sales acceleration tools
- Proven history of consistently enabling teams to perform against quota in a high tech or SaaS-related inbound/outbound sales environment
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills demonstrated through superior communication and presentation skills
- Enablement mindset
You should have
- Strong Preference to those with 1+ years of experience in a SaaS closing role.
- Preference to those with experience in hiring
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Strong organization/prioritization skills; proven ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of working in, or selling to data scientists, product managers, and those in machine learning a plus