G&A | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is transforming the world in almost every industry. Everyone knows only high-quality annotated training data can produce the most accurate machine learning solutions. However, creating training data with high-quality in a scalable way is very challenging and very few companies can do it. Even less can do it well, which is why businesses across all industries trust Figure Eight.
In March 2019, Figure Eight was acquired by Appen. Together, Appen and Figure Eight combine the best of human and machine intelligence to provide high-quality annotated training data that powers the world’s most innovative machine learning (ML) and business solutions. The Figure Eight platform enables ML and data-driven business solutions to scale across a diverse set of industries including retail, automotive, finance, manufacturing, agriculture, life sciences, robotics, and more. The Figure Eight platform transforms audio, video, text, and images into high-quality annotated data to support a variety of use cases ranging from computer vision and search relevance to data categorization and natural language processing (NLP). Learn more at www.figure-eight.com.
About the Role
Looking to build a candidate experience? We are looking for a recruiter to build and grow our recruiting engine. You should be a passionate recruiter who has worked in startups and wants to own and fine tune our candidate experience.
You will have a solid grasp of our product and be able to articulate it to people who most likely have never heard of Figure Eight. You will be able to speak about AI and Machine Learning to those who don’t fully grasp what these industries do (don’t worry...you will learn this). You will represent Figure Eight as a model employee welcoming new team members to our team.
What you will do...
- Source, recruit, and close awesome people that are a great fit for our culture as well as the needs of the position
- Manage hiring manager expectations and influence the hiring process through experience and data
- Train and provide insights to the interview team on interviewing and candidate assessment best practices.
- Innovate on hiring best practices while maintaining exceptional data hygiene
- Develop innovative strategies for recruiting amazing people
- Manage candidate pipelines and help grow talent communities
Who you are...
- Gritty, naturally curious, humble, and the nicest person you know
- 2+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience
- Organized, detail oriented & conscientious with a zealous commitment to candidate experience
- Innovative, creative, and constantly looking for ways to improve processes, brand, etc
- Self-aware, eloquent, and a superior communicator
- Someone who is comfortable with ambiguity
- A really good Sourcer… It may not be your favorite part of the process, but you can grind out a good search with the best of them when you have to.
- Experienced utilizing LinkedIn Recruiter and other sourcing tools
- Influential, skilled at developing influence in a variety of situations