Product Marketing Manager
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is transforming the world in almost every industry. Everyone knows only high-quality annotated training data can produce the most accurate machine learning solutions. However, creating training data with high-quality in a scalable way is very challenging and very few companies can do it. Even less can do it well, which is why businesses across all industries trust Appen.
Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, and video used to build and continuously improve the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems. With expertise in more than 180 languages, a global crowd of over 1 million skilled contractors, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform, Appen solutions provide the quality, security, and speed required by leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, manufacturing, and governments worldwide. Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices around the world.
About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced product marketing manager to support our outward-facing product marketing and sales activities in the heart of the AI industry. First and foremost, you are a passionate individual who can take us to the next level with creativity, content, and a killer customer focus. You’ll roll up your sleeves to help craft product messaging and support go-to-market initiatives with our sales, business development, and customer success teams.
As Product Marketing Manager, you will direct how we communicate the benefits of our platform, crowd, and expertise to prospective buyers acting as the critical connection between our product and sales teams. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the AI landscape and experience launching products to technical, enterprise buyers. This role reports to the Director of Product Marketing and closely partners with corporate marketing, demand generation, business development, professional services, customer success, and sales teams. Responsibilities for the team include all product/solutions marketing, industry marketing, and partner marketing activities.
- Improve sales effectiveness and win rate by supporting compelling marketing efforts as well as sales enablement content and training
- Apply market insights on buyer behavior to support the creation of positioning and messaging of the Figure Eight platform and offerings
- Deliver internal training and supporting collateral to effectively showcase the many use cases of our customers and partners for our extended sales team
- Audit industry landscape devising a competitive strategy and creating positioning materials to enable sales
- Support and apply GTM strategy based on use-cases and industries for specific sales needs
- Collaborate with platform partners (IBM, Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Salesforce) in creating joint solutions and drive join collateral and messaging
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create content that drives brand recognition, product awareness, and lead generation
Strong candidates likely have:
- 4+ years of experience in a product marketing role and 6+ years in technology product marketing/management overall
- Desire to roll up your sleeves, execute, and create order and process within a dynamic growing startup
- Strong writer, storyteller, and content creator to support sales and marketing programs
- Experience creating content for different personas and scaling content programs
- Ability to take highly technical concepts and translate them into business-focused stories
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- Highly collaborative attitude with a deep sense of ownership and accountability
- Ability to balance long-term strategy with operational execution (and knows how challenging that can be in an expansion-stage company)
- AI / Deep Learning / Machine Learning market experience a major plus