Partner Development Manager
Business Development | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Partner Development Manager -- Individual contributor role reporting to the VP of Business Development
Location: SOMA, San Francisco, CA
Mission: Figure Eight's mission is to empower data scientists to train, test and tune machine learning for a human world.
Investors: Canvas Ventures, Trinity Ventures, Industry Ventures, Microsoft Ventures, Salesforce Ventures
Figure Eight is the essential Human-in-the-Loop AI platform for data science and machine learning teams. The Figure Eight software platform trains, tests, and tunes machine learning models to make AI work in the real world. Figure Eight’s technology and expertise supports a wide range of use cases including autonomous vehicles, intelligent personal assistants, medical image labeling, consumer product identification, content categorization, customer support ticket classification, social data insight, CRM data enrichment, product categorization, and search relevance.
Figure Eight believes that what holds machine learning back in the real world today isn’t actually the algorithms. Rather, it’s the lack of quality training data and the means to make imperfect algorithms useful. Figure Eight makes machine learning work by combining the best of human and machine intelligence in a single platform. They call this human-in-the-loop. Figure Eight has always made it easy to collect and label training data. Now they make it easy to connect that training data directly to state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms. Figure Eight’s addressable market opportunity today is 300,000 data scientists and machine learning engineers inside more than 20,000 companies in North America, and rapidly growing.
About the Role
As a Partner Development Manager, you will be responsible for building executive relationships and field engagement at the leading Machine Learning companies (Amazon, Google, IBM, Microsoft, Salesforce) targeting the AI industry. The ideal candidate will have a track record of building strategic relationships for a startup with large technology companies, as well as driving programmatic sales success. This role reports to the VP of Business Development and will partner closely with the Sales and Product teams.
This individual will have a substantial impact within the company, working cross functionally to develop a strategic and tactical partnership roadmap. The successful candidate will balance a bias for action and building sales team relationships across organizational boundaries, with strategic decision making. This executive must be at home in sales environments and building relationships with quota carrying enterprise account executives. The role also calls for a professional who can thrive in a result and performance-based culture, who can drive success in partners ecosystems with a combination of strategic understanding, personality, drive, persistence, and execution.
Experience with multi-channel and multi-touch deals is a must. The right professional will be able to identify new areas of opportunity regardless of channel and get in the door on the first call. And as new partners and opportunities arise, it is up to this individual to work cross functionally with the VP of Business Development to decipher which deals fit into the company’s strategy in addition to determining how a new partner will affect current relationships.
This role is based full time out of our office in San Francisco, CA.
- Evangelize Figure Eight within the major machine learning partner companies (approximately 25% Travel).
- Identify the key executive relationships within each strategic partner and manage those relationships.
- Design and implement the appropriate Sell-with, Sell-through or Sell-to model for each strategic partner to drive the adoption of the Figure Eight platform.
- Map and manage the field-to-field engagement between Figure Eight and our strategic partners.
- Develop and drive the execution of Go-to-Market plans with each strategic partner
- Manage ecosystem of technology and other partner relationships which are relevant but not considered strategic.
- Maintain high level of awareness of market and customer trends in the areas of AI, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning.
- Interact with and provide support to other internal Figure Eight teams, as and when Business Development support is needed.
- Strategic and operational – can balance what needs doing with how to do it.
- Technophile who is capable of communicating to both technical and business audiences.
- Strong track record at working and scaling partnerships that ultimately drive revenue.
- Strong network of relationships across the technology industry.
- Experience in a startup and growth-stage environment.
- Pragmatic execution skills – adept at putting ideas into operational practice without causing undue burden on the organization.