Internal Application: Marketing Intern
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Internship
Figure Eight is the essential Human-in-the-Loop AI platform for data science and machine learning teams. The Figure Eight software platform trains, tests, and tunes machine learning models to make AI work in the real world. Figure Eight's technology and expertise supports a wide range of use cases including autonomous vehicles, intelligent personal assistants, medical image labeling, consumer product identification, content categorization, customer support ticket classification, social data insight, CRM data enrichment, product categorization, and search relevance.
Headquartered in San Francisco with a presence in Tel Aviv and backed by Canvas Venture Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Microsoft Ventures, Figure Eight serves data science teams at Fortune 500 and fast-growing data-driven organizations across a wide variety of industries. For more information, visit www.figure-eight.com.
Figure Eight (formally CrowdFlower) has recently undergone a major change. We're really excited about our new name as we help make AI work in the real world. We have several blog posts detailing this change (1, 2, and 3).
About the Role
Are you full of energy, curious, creative, and ready for a role in a fast-paced tech company? Figure Eight is seeking an intern to join the Marketing organization’s Demand Generation team while also supporting Corporate Marketing and Product Marketing as needed. The role will report to the Demand Generation Programs Manager and be responsible for overseeing logistics and coordination for a variety of demand gen programs, from direct mail and account-based marketing campaigns to trade shows and special events and projects. As a member of the Demand Gen team, you will also work cross-functionally with other teams in the company like Sales, Finance, and Success. The ideal candidate, along with having a track record of top performance, will also have the organizational skills to handle a high-volume workflow with prioritizing multiple projects and should have a strong interest in advancing their career in marketing.
This will be a ~10 week paid internship, 40 hours per week, and based out of our office in San Francisco.
- Own logistics and fulfillment for direct marketing/ABM campaigns, including procurement, list-building, packaging, and shipping
- Compile contact lists of key prospects and targets and enrich with data as needed
- Manage Figure Eight’s giveaway inventory and schwag orders
- Manage monthly credit card reconciliation process
- Help with event lead transcription
- Support local trade show and special event set-up and break-down
- Manage marketing storage zones and incoming shipments
- Occasional U-Haul co-pilot!
- Proven track record managing logistics for complex projects and events
- Excellent organizational skills
- Self starter who is able to own and run with a project with little direction; someone seeking to add value to a small, scrappy team
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive and high-energy environment
- Autonomous and collaborative; ability to work independently and cross functionally
- Deep sense of ownership and accountability
- Must be detail-oriented and self-starter with enthusiasm and positive outlook
- Flexibility, as we are a startup and the daily to-do list of projects will vary