Head of Product Marketing (Director/VP)
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Figure Eight is the essential Human-in-the-Loop AI platform for data science and machine learning teams. The Figure Eight software platform trains, tests, and tunes machine learning models to make AI work in the real world. Figure Eight's technology and expertise supports a wide range of use cases including autonomous vehicles, intelligent personal assistants, medical image labeling, consumer product identification, content categorization, customer support ticket classification, social data insight, CRM data enrichment, product categorization, and search relevance.
Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by Canvas Ventures, Trinity Ventures, Industry Ventures, Microsoft Ventures, and Salesforce Ventures, Figure Eight serves Fortune 500 and fast-growing data-driven organizations across a wide variety of industries. For more information, visit www.figure-eight.com.
Figure Eight (formally CrowdFlower) has recently undergone a major change. We're really excited about our new name as we help make AI work in the real world. We have several blog posts detailing this change (1, 2, and 3).
About the role
We at Figure Eight are operating at the heart of the AI industry and we’re looking for a senior leader to drive our outward-facing product marketing. First and foremost, we’re looking for a passionate superstar who can take us to the next level. Whether you’re a Director, Sr. Director or VP- title and comp will depend on your individual experience.
As the head of product marketing you will own how we communicate the benefits of our platform to prospective buyers acting as the critical connection between our product and sales teams. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the AI landscape and experience launching successful technical products to technical & enterprise buyers. This role reports to the CMO closely partnering with Product Management, Demand Generation and Sales teams.
- Drive positioning and messaging of the Figure Eight platform and offerings
- Improve sales effectiveness and win rate through compelling sales content and training
- Audit industry landscape and devise competitive strategy and positioning
- Act as the voice of the customer by capturing their story through testimonials, case studies and user videos
- Distill market insights on buyer behavior to shape marketing and product strategy
- Devise optimal GTM strategy based on use-cases and industries
- Manage team of product marketing and contribute as senior leader to overall marketing team
- Interact with ecosystem partners in creating joint solutions
- 7+ years of senior leadership experience in a product marketing role and 10+ years in technology product marketing overall
- Ability to balance long term strategy with operational execution (and knows how challenging that can be in an expansion-stage company)
- Experience supporting a rapidly scaling sales team and company
- Autonomous and collaborative; knows how to get things done with minimal supervision and when to gain consensus and collaborate
- Highly collaborative with a deep sense of ownership and accountability
- Inspirational leadership with experience building and scaling teams
- MBA preferred but not required