Global PR & Social Media Manager
Marketing | Kirkland, WA | Full Time
Appen collects and labels images, text, speech, audio, and video used to build and continuously improve the world’s most innovative artificial intelligence systems.
With expertise in more than 180 languages, a global crowd of over 1 million skilled contractors, and the industry’s most advanced AI-assisted data annotation platform, Appen solutions provide the quality, security, and speed required by leaders in technology, automotive, financial services, retail, manufacturing, and governments worldwide.
Founded in 1996, Appen has customers and offices around the world.
Appen is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) under the symbol APX.
The PR & Social Media Manager role at Appen is an exciting opportunity to help shape the future of the company by supporting our public relations efforts and social media brand communication for both B2B and B2C stakeholders.
Appen is making a strategic investment in marketing to support the company’s growth and this role is key to making sure we have the right voice in PR and Social Media, in one of the most explosive industries since the internet boom.
The right candidate is creative, proactive, results-driven and can manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
This role reports to the Director of Marketing Communications and will be based in Appen’s Kirkland, WA office.
- Media & Influencer Relations: Collaborate with the PR agency to build and grow a strong media & influencers relations strategy to continue Appen’s leadership position in the industry. Manage press releases and seek opportunities for press coverage; track press activity/presence.
- Social Media Management: Manage all social media content creation and calendar planning, in collaboration with the Content Manager, for both B2B and B2C stakeholder channels - Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube. Drive meaningful engagement, interact with followers and increase overall follower-base. Make strategic social media advertising. recommendations, collaborating with Demand Generation and Brand teams.
- Corporate Messaging: Work with the marketing team, consultants and PR agency to develop, maintain and evolve corporate messaging documents as industry leaders and within key strategic verticals.
- Customer & Partner PR Strategy: Collaborate with customer marketing, client services, business development and sales to create a customer and partner PR strategy, and to execute on it with the PR agency.
- Speaking and Award Applications: Seek opportunities for, manage, and submit for speaking, company rankings, awards, and other promotional opportunities; track outcome in appropriate places including website and intranet.
- Analyst Relations: Support the Product Marketing team in working with key industry analysts - prepare briefing materials, outreach, monitor for coverage in collaboration with the PR agency.
- Thought Leadership: Collaborate with Content Marketing and PR agency to secure top tier thought leadership placements and to source the best topics for the content pipeline appropriate for top tier publications.
- Measure share of voice and adjust strategy to meet team and company goals.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current news and social landscape and on an ongoing basis, closely watch and evaluate trends to drive our business forward
- Report results in Quarterly Business Review meetings
- Support other marketing-related initiatives as needed
Desired experience and skills
- 4-5 years’ experience managing public relations and social media accounts/campaigns for both B2B and B2C stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree
- Exceptional writing skills
- Extreme attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Must thrive working within a fast-paced, innovative environment with a strong ability to manage multiple deadlines and multi-task across campaigns & projects.
- Demonstrable social analytics tools knowledge; ability to explain complex social media data in an understandable way
- Ability to track, interpret and report on customer engagement KPIs and metrics