Director, Professional Services
Success | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Figure Eight is the essential Human-in-the-Loop AI platform for data science and machine learning teams. The Figure Eight software platform trains, tests, and tunes machine learning models to make AI work in the real world. Figure Eight's technology and expertise supports a wide range of use cases including autonomous vehicles, intelligent personal assistants, medical image labeling, consumer product identification, content categorization, customer support ticket classification, social data insight, CRM data enrichment, product categorization, and search relevance.
Headquartered in San Francisco with a presence in Tel Aviv and backed by Canvas Venture Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Microsoft Ventures, Figure Eight serves data science teams at Fortune 500 and fast-growing data-driven organizations across a wide variety of industries. For more information, visit www.figure-eight.com.
Figure Eight (formally CrowdFlower) has recently undergone a major change. We're really excited about our new name as we help make AI work in the real world. We have several blog posts detailing this change (1, 2, and 3).
Role Overview & Responsibilities
As the Director of Professional Services at Figure Eight, you will report to the VP, Success with responsibility for defining, building, and managing the Professional Services function to enable large scale enterprise deployments of the Figure Eight platform. The ideal candidate is a respected leader who has thrived inside high growth customer success teams. In this role, you will work closely with our Sales team to build customer confidence in the Professional Services value proposition. You will also develop a repeatable and scalable approach to implementing services that drive adoption, renewal and expansion. This is a leadership role and requires a combination of technical and customer facing skills and ability to coach and mentor Customer Success and Sales professionals.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and deliver range of Professional Services offerings and packages to drive enterprise adoption of the CrowdFlower platform.
- Hire, onboard, manage and mentor a team of technical services consultants and seasoned engagement managers
- Partner with Sales in pre-qualification and scoping phases to ensure that high quality deals are sold that will lead to successful customer outcomes.
- Partner with Sales to drive attachment of Professional Services offerings to large enterprise deals.
- Implement the process, systems and technology required to support the delivery of successful customer projects.
- Manage billable hours and team utilization to deliver acceptable gross margin performance.
- Travel is required up to 25%.
Requirements & Experience
- 5+ years in Services leadership roles delivering services to enterprise customers in a SaaS B2B technology environment.
- Proven track record leading customer engagements with demonstrated ability to understand technical concepts, guide business strategy and deliver positive results for technical customers.
- Executive-level interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to effectively navigate and mediate conflict and foster honest dialog.
- Experienced change agent with ability to drive process improvement within a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple priorities.
- Self-directed with the ability to identify and solve complex cross functional problems.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong program, project and process management skills.
- Experience in AI and machine learning a huge plus.