Director of Product Management
Product | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Figure Eight is the essential Human-in-the-Loop AI platform for data science and machine learning teams. The Figure Eight software platform trains, tests, and tunes machine learning models to make AI work in the real world. Figure Eight's technology and expertise supports a wide range of use cases including autonomous vehicles, intelligent personal assistants, medical image labeling, consumer product identification, content categorization, customer support ticket classification, social data insight, CRM data enrichment, product categorization, and search relevance.
Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by Canvas Ventures, Trinity Ventures, Industry Ventures, Microsoft Ventures, and Salesforce Ventures, Figure Eight serves Fortune 500 and fast-growing data-driven organizations across a wide variety of industries. For more information, visit www.figure-eight.com.
Figure Eight (formally CrowdFlower) has recently undergone a major change. We're really excited about our new name as we help make AI work in the real world. We have several blog posts detailing this change (1, 2, and 3).
About the Role
Figure Eight is looking for an experienced Director of Product Management to participate in the creation of new products and features, from ideation to launch.
You will lead the entire development life cycle for our dedicated enterprise product line including product strategy, requirements development, roadmap management, client engagement, and collaborating with other stakeholders from the engineering, marketing, sales, and operations departments in order to ensure that the financial and client satisfaction goals are met.
Your main responsibilities include capturing business priorities, writing user stories and detail around product requirements, and working with engineering and other cross-functional teams for testing, delivery, and analysis.
To be successful in this role, you should have a deep understanding of infrastructure of SaaS and on-premise technology platforms, be highly organized, and have a passion for solving customer problems.
You will have the opportunity to drive the product which represents a significant portion of the company’s revenue and will be held responsible for market success.
You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams and product managers and be involved in design, implementation, and deployment of products that deliver the company's vision and strategy.
- Gain a deep understanding of the Figure Eight platform and its use cases through working with marketing, sales, and customer success.
- Work directly with our VP of Product to shape the long-term product and business direction and requirements.
- Work closely with our VP of Sales to build out a shared view of the market needs and a product set we can deliver to meet high value needs we’re uniquely positioned to address.
- Own products from conception to launch, working with our design, engineering and QA teams to deliver transformative products that derive value from our unique strengths as a business.
- Oversee feature prioritization for the development teams and keep programs running on time within an agile development environment.
- Adopt a data-driven approach to analyze the implementation of features based on business and customer impact.
- Create support and training documents for internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate with design and product to develop and act on customer feedback regarding our products and services.
- At least 7 years work experience in a product related function.
- Comfortable leading customer meetings with prospects and clients.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, problem solve, and manage stakeholder issues.
- Comfortable setting data driven standards and holding teams accountable for metrics and decisions.
- Experience with machine learning use cases, problems, and industry. Ideally have shipped a machine learning driven feature or product. Bonus points if you've used the Figure Eight platform before!
- Deep understanding and experience with technology platform infrastructure and experience with both SaaS and on-premise products.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with cross functional teams and with customers.
- Bachelor's degree.