G&A | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Figure Eight is the essential Human-in-the-Loop Machine Learning platform for data science and machine learning teams. The Figure Eight platform transforms unstructured text, image, audio, and video data into customized high-quality training data to make AI work in the real world. Figure Eight's technology and expertise supports a wide range of use cases including autonomous vehicles, intelligent personal assistants, medical image labeling, consumer product identification, content categorization, customer support ticket classification, social data insight, CRM data enrichment, product categorization, and search relevance.
Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by Canvas Ventures, Trinity Ventures, Industry Ventures, Microsoft Ventures, and Salesforce Ventures, Figure Eight serves Fortune 500 and fast-growing data-driven organizations across a wide variety of industries. For more information, visit www.figure-eight.com.
About the Role
We’re seeking a highly motivated, result-oriented Controller to play a key role in our Finance team. You will create and distribute our monthly financial statements while analyzing actual results against budgets. You will interface with all facets of the company to develop proper internal control processes and procedures ensuring accurate and timely financial information flow. This is a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment where you will have the opportunity to own this role and make a significant impact on our team.
- Oversee accounting department operations, G/L, A/P, A/R, Credit & Collections, Payroll, Commission & Bonus Payouts, Tax (income, sales, and property), Treasury, and Stock Administration.
- Direct a tight general ledger month-end close process and preparation of monthly consolidated financial statements including reconciliation of intercompany accounts.
- Continually evaluate and improve month-end close processes with the ultimate goal to provide timely, accurate financial statements.
- Assist with preparation of monthly internal financial reporting packages.
- Work closely with FP&A to fully understand variances to budget.
- Manage outside auditors for annual external audit.
- Manage annual filings for corporate income tax, sales tax, and property tax, and worldwide tax compliance.
- Supervise, develop, mentor the accounting team.
- Establish strong relationships with inter-departmental peers and be the “go-to” accounting source in the Company.
Your background and skills
- Experience with SaaS and Marketplace in a startup
- You speak GAAP fluently
- You get excited about accruals and love to share your knowledge