Associate Professional Services Engineer (Entry Level)
Customer Success | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is transforming the world in almost every industry. Everyone knows only high-quality annotated training data can produce the most accurate machine learning solutions. However, creating training data with high-quality in a scalable way is very challenging and very few companies can do it. Even less can do it well, which is why businesses across all industries trust Figure Eight.
In March 2019, Figure Eight was acquired by Appen. Together, Appen and Figure Eight combine the best of human and machine intelligence to provide high-quality annotated training data that powers the world’s most innovative machine learning (ML) and business solutions. The Figure Eight platform enables ML and data-driven business solutions to scale across a diverse set of industries including retail, automotive, finance, manufacturing, agriculture, life sciences, robotics, and more. The Figure Eight platform transforms audio, video, text, and images into high-quality annotated data to support a variety of use cases ranging from computer vision and search relevance to data categorization and natural language processing (NLP). Learn more at www.figure-eight.com.
You are will be a great fit here if you are...
- Passionate about technology and interested in emerging technologies
- You are a problem-solver with a strong focus on identifying technical and non-technical solutions to issues that arise
- Driven to learn and keep learning, especially through self-teaching
- Organized, detail-oriented and results-focused
- Gritty, willing to get into the weeds to solve a problem
- Adventurous and constantly pursue personal growth
- Capable of providing and receiving feedback in an honest, respectful way
- Personally rewarded by helping others
You’ll work in the Professional Services team alongside the bright minds of Figure Eight engineers, data-scientists, Sales Executives, Customer Success Managers and more. Day-to-day responsibilities involve consulting on use cases and delivering value through Figure Eight’s technology as well as ensuring data quality for Fortune 500 companies. You'll be exposed to the different facets of Figure Eight and a fast-track to a full-time position within the company. In addition, we will provide invaluable resources to help you improve your technical skills. If you’re smart and hungry to work hard, learn, and make a difference this is the role for you!
- Support and/or facilitate data enrichment jobs for enterprise clients including implementation, execution, and ongoing maintenance
- Define scope and pilot new uses for existing customers
- Build custom user interfaces on behalf of customers and consult them on how to implement
- Work closely with the CSM's to drive adoption on the Figure Eight platform
- Act as a technical escalation point for CSM's and Customer Support
- Perform regular results audits, track job performance metrics, and provide regular reports to customers
- Contribute to on-boarding new customers by offering customized feedback/consultation on their specific use cases (over the phone and onsite)
- Provide feedback on systems/tools/process in order to increase automation and improve the efficiency of execution
- Develop and continually optimize workflows, job calibration, and quality controls to improve the user experience for contributors while meeting customer expectations for results, quality, and turnaround time
- Provide customer support through email, chat, phone, and in-person
- Comfortable working with others — phone, email, and in-person.
- Be easily coachable and listen to feedback from others
- Willing to listen but also not be afraid to ask questions when needed
- Eager to offer a better solution if you have one or work with other team members if you do not
- Capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously and budget your time effectively (we do not micromanage)
- Analytical thinking — ability to take a problem, break it down and use qualitative and quantitative means to solve it
- Strong computer skills
A big plus if you also have the following:
- Solid grasp of HTML and CSS
- 1-2 years of relevant job experience
- Excitement about working with big-name customers
- Strong attention to detail