Associate Professional Services Engineer
Professional Services | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is transforming the world in almost every industry. Everyone knows only high-quality annotated training data can produce the most accurate machine learning solutions. However, creating training data with high-quality in a scalable way is very challenging and very few companies can do it. Even less can do it well, which is why businesses across all industries trust Figure Eight.
In March 2019, Figure Eight was acquired by Appen. Together, Appen and Figure Eight combine the best of human and machine intelligence to provide high-quality annotated training data that powers the world’s most innovative machine learning (ML) and business solutions. The Figure Eight platform enables ML and data-driven business solutions to scale across a diverse set of industries including retail, automotive, finance, manufacturing, agriculture, life sciences, robotics, and more. The Figure Eight platform transforms audio, video, text, and images into high-quality annotated data to support a variety of use cases ranging from computer vision and search relevance to data categorization and natural language processing (NLP). Learn more at www.figure-eight.com.
About the Role
As an Associate Professional Services Engineer, you will play a vital role in driving the technical success of our enterprise customers. This is a hands-on role and you will wear many hats; from scoping and piloting new use cases to architecting and scaling enterprise data enrichment solutions for large organizations. You’ll work in the Professional Services team alongside Figure Eight engineers, data scientists, sales executives, customer success managers, and product managers to deliver value through Figure Eight’s technology as well as ensuring data quality for Fortune 500 companies. Experience with the post-sales customer engagement lifecycle; from kickoff to onboarding to adoption through to scaling, is crucial.
Manage data enrichment projects for enterprise clients (design, implementation, monitoring, auditing)
Define scope and pilot new use cases for existing customers
Build and implement custom user interfaces, including custom scripts to support large data annotation pipelines to pre-process, post-process, and push data through the platform via the API
Work with Customer Success to drive adoption, minimize churn and drive renewals
Act as a technical escalation point for Customer Success and Customer Support
Provide customer support through email, chat, phone, and in-person
Travel to customer on-sites as needed (mostly within the US)
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience in a technology company and demonstrable success working in a customer-facing role.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to adapt your message to the context of the audience.
- Proven requirements-gathering, project/engagement management, and discovery skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple conflicting priorities, respond quickly and manage time effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment.
- Hands-on technical problem solving and analytical thinking; ability to take a problem, break it down and use qualitative and quantitative means to solve it
- A big plus if you also have the following:
- Solid grasp of HTML and CSS
- Familiarity with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Knowledge of ETL and ETL workflows