Associate Product Manager
Product | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Figure Eight is the essential Human-in-the-Loop AI platform for data science and machine learning teams. The Figure Eight software platform trains, tests, and tunes machine learning models to make AI work in the real world. Figure Eight's technology and expertise supports a wide range of use cases including autonomous vehicles, intelligent personal assistants, medical image labeling, consumer product identification, content categorization, customer support ticket classification, social data insight, CRM data enrichment, product categorization, and search relevance.
Headquartered in San Francisco and backed by Canvas Ventures, Trinity Ventures, Industry Ventures, Microsoft Ventures, and Salesforce Ventures, Figure Eight serves Fortune 500 and fast-growing data-driven organizations across a wide variety of industries. For more information, visit www.figure-eight.com.
Figure Eight (formally CrowdFlower) has recently undergone a major change. We're really excited about our new name as we help make AI work in the real world. We have several blog posts detailing this change (1, 2, and 3).
About the Role
Figure Eight is looking for an Associate Product Manager to participate in the creation of new products and features, from ideation to launch.
Your main responsibilities include working with the product team to capture business priorities, writing user stories and detail around product requirements, and working with engineering and other cross-functional teams for testing, delivery and analysis.
To be successful in this role, you should be technology proficient, organized and have a passion for solving customer problems.
You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams and product managers and be involved in design, implementation and deployment of products that deliver the company’s vision and strategy.
- Gain a deep understanding of the Figure Eight platform and its use cases through working with marketing, sales, and customer success.
- Translate product ideas into detailed requirements and user-story documentation
- Adopt a data-driven approach to analyze the implementation of features based on business and customer impact
- Work closely with engineering and quality teams to deliver high-quality features in a timely manner
- Create support and training documents for internal and external stakeholders
- Monitor and report on post-launch impact
- Coordinate with design and product to develop and act on customer feedback regarding our products and services
- At least 2 years work experience in a Product-related function, e.g. as an Associate Product Manager, Product Marketing Manager, Project Manager, Program Manager, Analyst or similar
- Strong familiarity with web technologies (coding experience not required)
- Customer facing experience, in sales, customer support, or other role.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, problem solve, and manage stakeholder issues
- Comfortable working with data and making data-driven decisions
- Familiarity with machine learning use cases, problems and industry. Bonus points if you’ve used the Figure Eight platform before!
- Strong project and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills to effectively collaborate with cross functional teams and with customers
- Bachelor's degree.