Account Executive - Government
Sales | Washington, DC | Full Time
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is transforming the world in almost every industry. Everyone knows only high-quality annotated training data can produce the most accurate machine learning solutions. However, creating training data with high-quality in a scalable way is very challenging and very few companies can do it. Even less can do it well, which is why businesses across all industries trust Figure Eight.
In March 2019, Figure Eight was acquired by Appen. Together, Appen and Figure Eight combine the best of human and machine intelligence to provide high-quality annotated training data that powers the world’s most innovative machine learning (ML) and business solutions. The Figure Eight platform enables ML and data-driven business solutions to scale across a diverse set of industries including retail, automotive, finance, manufacturing, agriculture, life sciences, robotics, and more. The Figure Eight platform transforms audio, video, text, and images into high-quality annotated data to support a variety of use cases ranging from computer vision and search relevance to data categorization and natural language processing (NLP). Learn more at www.figure-eight.com.
About the Role
As an Account Executive at Figure Eight, you will use your enterprise and consultative selling skills to build long-standing relationships with prospective customers and decision-makers ranging from Data Scientists to Chief Data Officers. You will generate business by selling our platform into new accounts and then expanding within those accounts. Our ideal candidate is a results-oriented, performance-driven individual who enjoys working as part of a fast-paced environment and team. You will dig deeper into customers' business requirements and share exactly how we can help each customer transform their messy incomplete data into high quality rich, clean data with the Figure Eight platform.
- Government sales professional. Proven track record of over-achieving quota through new logo acquisition in the federal government sector.
- Genuine curiosity. You are about our customers and what are they trying to accomplish. What is preventing them from doing so?
- Intrinsic drive to be successful. We are a fast-growing company and need people who will take initiative to “figure it out” and take ownership to be successful in the role.
- Technical expertise. You are able to demonstrate the product and explain the business and benefits - our product is meant to be used by technical and analytical people, so we need to be able to show them how these folks can use the product. This requires a level of technical depth and understanding.
- Clear, succinct communicator. The best technical salespeople communicate points clearly and succinctly, with an economy of words. They focus on using the vocabulary of their customer to help that prospect envision using and getting value from the product.
- Team-oriented, collaborative nature. We’re a small, fast-growing team. Everyone needs to pull for each other, share best practices, and take on team projects to make the entire organization better.
- Minimum of 10+ years of proven experience selling into Federal Government agencies
- Minimum Secret Security Clearance active
- Prior experience working within the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community or Homeland/Security/Justice customers highly preferred.
- Proven track recorded closing complex multi-million dollar contracts
- Experience selling an analytical or technical solution comprised of technology and analytical services
- Skilled at negotiating business terms with line-of-business, procurement and contract teams, senior management and/or C-level executives
- Proven ability in managing complex, enterprise sales cycles from start to finish, from business champion to senior decision-makers, and with a track record of successful revenue attainment.