Subject Matter Expert 3 (100% overseas travel-Iraq)
Engineering/IT | Charleston, SC | Full Time
Fathom 4 (www.fathom4.com) is the kind of defense services company that you've always wanted to work with... and for. We really strive to take care of all the people we support from our employees, our clients, our troops, and our community. We are in the people business and that principle is what drives our culture. We want to hire people for a career, not just a certain project.
If we concentrate on genuinely taking care of you, we know you will do what you can to care for the client. Fathom 4 builds teams with individuals who feel the same way.
- Candidate will be expected to become an expert on training, updates, and maintenance of a biometric capture portal system with multiple capture modalities and database system backend to record and report findings.
- Candidate will be expected to learn the systems very quickly and develop an outstanding sense of quality with respect to their use in a combat environment.
- This person also needs to have an engaging personality that will aid in getting answers from project managers and engineers, not to mention occasionally be able to speak right in front of the customer and answer tough questions in a professional manner.
- Applicants will need to willing to be deployed overseas for most of each year and must have an exceptional ability to work independently without supervision.
- Projected work location is Iraq and several pay premiums will be included on top of starting salary for the risk associated with that location, including hazard pay and differential pay.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Electronics, Physical Science, or Engineering Technology.
- Bachelor's degree must be from an institution accredited by one of the 7 regional organizations listed at www.chea.org, or by ABET at www.ABET.org.
- Must have 8 years of practical experience with biometrics and/or other complex combined software and hardware systems that are comparable.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Must have 12 years of practical experience with biometrics and other complex combined software and hardware systems.
- Willingness to live overseas in the execution of tasks associated with installing and integrating various hardware and software systems in support of mobile biometrics portals.
- Must have experience performing system updates to Windows and/or Linux OS and familiarity with firmware-based microcontrollers.
- Ability to obtain AND maintain a DoD secret clearance.
- Candidate must be able to complete assignments under constantly changing and tight deadlines, and work well within a team while remotely deployed overseas in an austere environment.
- This position requires a very mature, motivated, self-starter who has an exceptional sense of drive and initiative. This individual needs to have a great sense of detail, technical ability, and work ethic.
- This position requires someone who can not only work well with others but be able to understand what they are doing and why something is being performed in such a fashion. They should have an inquisitive nature and be willing to ask questions, not just be a blind follower.
- This job will routinely need a personality that can work under pressure and unrealistic deadlines. Extended hours and occasional weekends are required for this position while deployed overseas.
- Work conditions for this position may consist of working in an environment that is outdoors (though the portal is air-conditioned) and on an overseas military facility.
- The candidate must be able to pass medical and dental screenings required for overseas deployment. Fathom 4 has a zero-tolerance policy for substance abuse.
- Existing security clearance
- Prior military experience a plus!!
- Demonstrated knowledge of DoD Biometrics systems is preferred.
- Experience with the DoD level electrical and mechanical standards is desired.
- Multiple IT certifications (CompTIA Security + and OS certifications)
- Cable fabrication experience