RHEL Software and Systems Engineer
Engineering | Charleston, SC | Full Time
Fathom 4 is the kind of defense services company you've always wanted to work with... and for. We strive to take care of all the people we support; our employees, our clients, our troops, and our community. We are in the people business and that principle is what drives our culture. We want to hire people for a career, not just a specific project.
If we concentrate on genuinely taking care of you, we know you will do what you can to care for the client. Fathom 4 will continue to grow if we ensure to build teams that feel the same way.
Develops, analyzes, troubleshoots, and modifies software baselines to meet the user’s systems analysis and/or systems integration requirements. Integrates new, updated, and existing software into existing and updated operating systems, ensuring full operability in a secured format. Coordinates with users, software test teams, and cyber security to identify and address data availability shortfalls, requirement gaps and security and systems design problems. Identifies objectives for new baselines and prepares system design documentation to capture changes and address user requirements. Reviews work products for correctness and compliance with user standards and monitors and reports on progress in accordance with external schedules. Prepares status reports and presentations on task performance to clients. May provide daily supervision and direction to support staff.
The work location is Charleston, SC, with 0-5% travel expected.
TYPICAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Create and modify numerous virtual machines within a VMWare framework.
- Ensure all applicable security patches are implemented without a loss is user functionality.
- Identify and install the latest approved version of all software is correctly installed on the baseline.
- Track Issues and enhancement requests within the JIRA Ticket system.
- Directly interact with Federal Government Stakeholders.
- Develop and track documentation identifying all updates applied to a build.
- Develop scripts to automate installation of updates.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or IT from an ABET-accredited institution only.
- Experience: Six (6) years of experience in design and development, to include: Systems Analysis, Systems - Architecture, Systems/Equipment Support, Test and Evaluation, and Logistics support of C4ISR requirements.
- Three (3) years of technical experience in support of C4ISR and information management systems.
- Three (3) years of technical experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux Operating System.
- Must have, at a minimum, a current active SECRET clearance.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Prior military experience a plus
- Windows 10, Windows Server 2010/2016
- Linux OS Variants to include Debian, CentOS
- Adobe suite of tools and plug-ins (Air/Flash Player/Photoshop/Premier/Reader)
- ArcGIS w/add-ons
- Cannon Camera Utilities
- FalconView and supporting software
- Google Earth Client
- Harris Radio Utilities
- Host Based Security System (HBSS) Software
- i2 Analyst Notebook
- Java Runtime Environment
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Pinnacle Studio
- Platinum CS Protection
- Talon Host
- Target Manager
- Vertex Clone Editor
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Fathom 4. LLC. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.