Engineering Technician V (travel)
Engineering | Charleston, SC | Full Time
Fathom 4 is the kind of defense services company that you've always wanted to work with... and for. We really strive to take care of all the people we support from our employees, our clients, our troops, and our community. We are in the people business and that principle is what drives our culture. We want to hire people for a career, not a just a certain project.
If we concentrate on genuinely taking care of you, we know you will do what you can to care for the client. Fathom 4 will continue to grow if we ensure to build teams that feel the same way.
- This position initially will require extensive travel throughout the Continental US and possibly a trip to Qatar. Please do not apply if not willing to spend a majority of your time traveling.
- Candidate will be expected to perform various tasks with respect to the integration of various electrical, mechanical, or communications components on various military level platforms.
- Candidate will be expected to learn the systems very quickly and develop an outstanding sense of quality with respect to their use in a combat environment.
- This person also needs to have an engaging personality that will aid in getting answers from project managers and engineers, not to mention occasionally be able to speak right in front of the customer and answer tough questions in a professional manner.
- Applicants will need to have an exceptional ability to work independently without supervision.
- Associates degree in Engineering, Electronics, Physical Science, or Engineering Technology is a plus. In lieu of an associates degree, candidate must produce verification of completion of other forms of training from a Technical School or a Military Technical School.
Must have 14 years of experience in relevant technical field.
Must have 8 years of experience in equipment installation. (experience can be concurrent)
Must have at least 4 year of experience in design, preparation and modification of engineering documents, and drawings. (experience can be concurrent)
Must have 8 years of experience in C4ISR specific tasks of which 5 have been performed in the last 7 years. (experience can be concurrent)
Must have the ability to obtain AND maintain a DoD secret clearance.
Candidate must be able to complete assignments under constantly changing and tight deadlines, and work well within a team.
This position requires a very mature, motivated, self-starter who has an exceptional sense of drive and initiative. This individual needs to have a great sense of detail, technical ability, and work ethic.
This position requires someone who can not only work well with others, but be able to UNDERSTAND what they are doing and WHY something is being performed in such a fashion. They should have an inquisitive nature and be willing to ask questions, not just a blind follower.
This job will routinely need a personality that can work under extreme pressure and unrealistic deadlines. Extended hours and occasional weekends are routine and should be expected
Work conditions for this position may consist of working in an environment that is synonymous with an industrial / factory type facility.
Travel required in the performance of this job.
- Prior military experience a plus!!
- Experience with the DoD level electrical and mechanical standards is desired.
- Ability and desire to lead a team of technicians is desired.