Engineer / Scientist III
Engineering/IT | Charleston, SC | Full Time
Fathom 4 (www.fathom4.com) is the kind of defense services company that you've always wanted to work with... and for. We strive to take care of all the people we support, from our employees to our clients, our troops, and our community. We are in the people business and that principle is what drives our culture. We want to hire people for a career, not just a certain project.
If we concentrate on genuinely taking care of you, we know you will do what you can to care for the client. Fathom 4 continues to grow building teams that feel the same way.
About the Job:
Fathom 4 is proud to support the Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC) Atlantic in solving complex issues that our warfighters face. Fathom 4 provides NIWC with a diverse team of engineering and IT support focused on solutions. This specific role would be part technical engineer and part project manager: helping NIWC develop deployable solutions to specific project requirements. You will work with a diverse team from software developers to project managers and system engineers to subject matter experts and external vendors, all working to take requirements, shape them into ideas, and then develop fully documented, fieldable, sustainable solutions the warfighter can use.
- Candidate will provide engineering support for the prototype, design, production, and subsequent life cycle sustainment for various technical and DoD level projects and subsequent spiral efforts therein.
- Complex system deployment experience from beginning to end preferred.
- Knowledge of key points of HW/SW interaction Feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs.
- May support personnel in the preparation of detailed design, design testing, and prototype fabrication.
- Candidate will determine methods and procedures to be used on new assignments and may serve in a lead role and provide guidance to personnel.
- He/She will recommend changes to team policies and contribute to the development of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Candidate will routinely interact with outside customers and functional peer groups.
- Candidate must be willing to learn and work outside of their specific knowledge field in order to address and resolve system level and interdisciplinary issues
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Computer Science from an ABET.org accredited institution only.
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience in systems engineering, including Systems Analysis, Systems Architecture, Systems/Equipment Support, Test and Evaluation, and user support of system requirements.
- At least three (3) years of technical experience in support of complex systems, including interim and final reports and presentation of analytical data. (experience may be concurrent)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products is required.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
- Capable of multi-tasking and working several complex and diverse tasks with simultaneous or near-simultaneous deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Candidate must also be conscientious (first and foremost), well organized, punctual, reliable, and capable of managing resources and schedules which affect deadlines.
- Current security clearance preferred; must be capable of obtaining and maintaining both a DoD security clearance and military facility access.
- Prior military experience a plus!!