Engineer / Scientist (Entry)
Engineering | Charleston, SC | Full Time
Fathom 4 is the kind of defense services company that you've always wanted to work with... and for. We really strive to take care of all the people we support from our employees, our clients, our troops, and our community. We are in the people business and that principle is what drives our culture. We want to hire people for a career, not a just a certain project.
If we concentrate on genuinely taking care of you, we know you will do what you can to care for the client. Fathom 4 will continue to grow if we ensure to build teams that feel the same way.
- Candidate will provide engineering support for the prototype, design, production, and subsequent life cycle sustainment for various technical and DoD level projects and subsequent spiral efforts therein.
- Candidate will be responsible for design and analysis of mostly mechanical and electrical systems, equipment, and data packages.
- He/She will conduct feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs.
- Will support personnel in the preparation of detailed design, design testing, and prototype fabrication.
- Candidate will determine methods and procedures to be used on new assignments and may serve in a lead role and provide guidance to personnel.
- He/She will recommend changes to team policies and contribute to the development of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Candidate will routinely interact with outside customers and functional peer groups.
- As an entry level engineering position, you must be willing to get your hands dirty and work with the integration technicians for a period of time to actually gain first-hand experience the realities of how the designs are implemented and the difficulties technicians face using those components.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited institution (EAC specific) are preferred. Other engineering degrees/disciplines will be considered with some progressive experience in the DoD C4ISR industry.
- Less than 1 year of relevant technical field experience is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products is required.
- Must have an active DoD Secret clearance or the ability to obtain AND keep a clearance.
- Must be capable of multi-tasking and working several complex and diverse tasks with simultaneous or near simultaneous deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Candidate must also be CONSCIENTIOUS (first and foremost), well organized, punctual, reliable, and capable of managing resources and schedules which affect deadlines.
- Prior military experience a plus!!
- Demonstrated knowledge of DoD Command, Control, Computing, Communication and Intelligence (C4I) is highly desired.
- Real attention to detail is very important.
- For a Mechanical Engineering degree, desired experience utilizing 3D modeling and Finite Element Analysis.
- For an Electrical Engineering degree, desired experience in cable fabrication and formal electrical drawing packages.