Drafter / CAD Operator IV (3D)
Engineering | Charleston, SC | Full Time
Fathom 4 is the kind of defense services company that you've always wanted to work with... and for. We really strive to take care of all the people we support from our employees, our clients, our troops, and our community. We are in the people business and that principle is what drives our culture. We want to hire people for a career, not a just a certain project.
If we concentrate on genuinely taking care of you, we know you will do what you can to care for the client. Fathom 4 will continue to grow if we ensure to build teams that feel the same way.
Candidate will be responsible for the development of basic to moderately complex designs for electronic, electro-mechanical, or mechanical equipment after the initial design concepts have been developed by the engineering staff.
Associates degree from an accredited school in drafting or illustration.
Must have 2 years of relevant technical field experience using a 3D modeling software package. SolidWorks preferred, but if different then you must be willing to learn to use a different modeling software.
High school diploma or GED.
Must have 5 years of relevant technical field experience using a 3D modeling software package. SolidWorks preferred, but if different then you must be willing to learn to use a different modeling software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products is required.
- Must have knowledge of DoD and industry drawing standards and procedures (MIL-DTL-31000 and various ASME standards)
- Must have an active DoD Secret clearance AND keep a clearance.
- Must be capable of multi-tasking and working several complex and diverse tasks with simultaneous or near simultaneous deadlines in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Candidate must also be CONSCIENTIOUS (first and foremost), well organized, punctual, reliable, and capable of managing resources and schedules which affect deadlines.
- Prior military experience a plus!!
- Real attention to detail is very important.
- Demonstrated knowledge of advanced surfaces, sheet metal fabrication, and FEA is desired.
- Candidate must be willing to continue to learn and become an expert at this craft. The technology and software packages are constantly improving and you must have an intense desire to stay on top of the latest advances and look to gain efficiencies whenever possible.