Computer Engineer / FPGA Developer
Engineering | Charleston, SC | Full Time
Fathom 4 (www.fathom4.com) is the kind of defense services company that you’ve always wanted to work with... and for. We strive to take care of all the people we support, which includes our employees, our clients, our troops, and our community. We are in the people business, and that principle is what drives our culture. We hire people for a career, not just a particular project.
When we concentrate on genuinely taking care of you, we know you will do what you can to care for the client. Fathom 4 continues to grow when we build teams that feel the same way.
- Knowledge of FPGA design implementation with VHDL design language
- Knowledge of embedded processors, and SOC development for FPGA devices
- Thorough understanding of VHDL, the FPGA design process and the tools used to generate the FPGA designs (VHDL, Synthesis, Place and Route, Simulation, Timing Analysis and Timing closure)
- Ability to estimate FPGA resource requirements
- Experience with FPGA simulation (Modelsim / Questa) to verify performance, then integrate and test the FPGA on the circuit card assembly
The work location is Charleston, SC, with 0-5% travel expected.
BS degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or IT.
Must be a US Citizen
Current DoD SECRET security level clearance with eligibility to upgrade to a TS/SCI security level which must be maintained throughout employment.
0-2+ years of experience in design and development, to include FPGA development and simulation, Systems Analysis, Systems Architecture, Systems/Equipment Support, Test and Evaluation support of C4ISR requirements.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED (but not required) QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Mobile C4ISR systems experience
Prior Military experience
Linux dev and/or SW integration experience
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Fathom 4. LLC. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.