Technical Support Specialists
SaaS Support | Alpharetta, GA | Full Time
FATHOM is a company providing a cloud-based, geospatial platform that encompasses the needs of a water utility from an end-to-end, completely organic perspective. The FATHOM platform is deployable at any scale in a matter of months and can be implemented in several different configurations, from a software-as-a-service (“SaaS”) offering to a fully outsourced billing and customer care service.
Originally part of Global Water Resources, Inc. (GWRI), a leading water resource management company that owns and operates water, wastewater and recycled water utilities, FATHOM was developed in-house to provide the features and functionality required to run the GWRI utilities efficiently and effectively. Now as its own independent software company, FATHOM continues to provide Customer Information System (CIS), Asset Management System (AMS), and Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) services for utilities, including GWRI, Nationwide.
With in-depth utility knowledge and experience in our DNA, FATHOM has created and is riding the wave to smarter, more efficient water utilities. The water utility industry needs increasing standardization and economies of scale to become more efficient. The FATHOM vision is to provide that to utilities through our platform of data elements and to facilitate a place for the latest technology to flourish and allows utilities of all sizes to benefit from them. By bringing standardization to a fragmented market the industry collectively becomes more efficient and sustainable and takes advantage of the opportunities that pristine data provides. We believe there is strength in numbers.
The Technical Support Specialist is a member of the IT Operations team and will have the technical expertise and strong interpersonal skills required to identify the client’s needs, expectations and align them with the features of the FATHOM products. The ideal candidate will provide both phone support and ticketing system requests and will track all in extreme detail to resolution. This individual will become a master of FATHOM’s suite of software products to efficiently and effectively triage issues, document recurring issues for self-service and recommend improvements to the overall process. This individual will provide technical support to clients operating the FATHOM product. We are building the future of water and need Technical Support Specialists who share that vision and believe in thinking out of the box. We need hardworking, bright people with an aptitude for technology to join us and help create the future of water management.
- Provide Level 1 support to FATHOM clients
- Deliver service and support to clients using and operating the FATHOM software.
- Identify and escalate priority issues per client specification, redirecting problems to the appropriate resource.
- Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns and requests about FATHOM product and services.
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues involving hardware and software. This includes troubleshooting networking protocols such as FTP and SFTP.
- Remain current with FATHOM software changes and updates.
- Possess, acquires and maintains the technical/professional expertise to create effective client solutions. This is demonstrated through problem solving, applying technical knowledge, product and services management.
- Sets high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
- Experience with working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively exchange information in order to interpret the needs of our clients, respond to their needs and achieve user satisfaction.
- Level 1 support in a call center type environment
- Excellent communication, prioritization, and analytical skills
- Ability to learn quickly and think on your feet
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Driven, creative, and able to work autonomously
- Experience with a variety of RDBMS; MSSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL; and alternative data stores
- Experience with NoSQL technologies
- Experience with Windows and a variety of Unix / Linux environments with a propensity to learn new software, libraries and tools
- Experience in an office environment including hands on experience with the ability to diagnose software and PC/Network hardware problems
- Must be familiar with 24x7x365 operations and be willing to provide after hours support when necessary
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- Preferable certifications: A+, MCSA, MCTS, MCDST, CCNA
- Preferred at least two plus (2+) years experience in a Support role
- Preferred at least two plus (2+) years experience using Remote Support tools
- Preferred experience in Call Center support role
- Knowledge of Ticketing systems\Service Desk experience a plus
- Able to pass a background check
- Strong communications skills contributing to and resulting in great work environment
Equal Opportunity Employer