Development | Austin, TX 78759 | Full Time
Location: Austin, TX 78759
About FATHOM (Global Water Management, LLC)
FATHOM is an Austin, TX company providing a cloud-based, geospatial platform that encompasses the needs of a water utility from an end-to-end, completely organic perspective. The FATHOM platform is deployable at any scale in a matter of months and can be implemented in several different configurations, from a software-as-a-service (“SaaS”) offering to a fully outsourced billing and customer care service.
Originally part of Global Water Resources, Inc. (GWRI), a leading water resource management company that owns and operates water, wastewater and recycled water utilities, FATHOM was developed in-house to provide the features and functionality required to run the GWRI utilities efficiently and effectively. Now as its own independent software company, FATHOM continues to provide SaaS-based Customer Information System (CIS), Asset Management System (AMS), and Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) services for utilities.
With in-depth utility knowledge and experience in our DNA, FATHOM has created and is riding the wave to smarter, more efficient water utilities. The water utility industry needs increasing standardization and economies of scale to become more efficient. The FATHOM vision is to provide that to utilities through our platform of data elements and to facilitate a place for the latest technology to flourish and allows utilities of all sizes to benefit from them. By bringing standardization to a fragmented market the industry collectively becomes more efficient and sustainable and takes advantage of the opportunities that pristine data provides. We believe there is strength in numbers.
- Work with a high performance and talented team
- Collaborate in a “DevOps” environment where you will work closely with Software Developers, QA, and Operations
- Maintain proper change control in the deployment process.
- Make recommendations for improvements to existing architecture
- Willingness to work flexible / odd hours at times, based on needs, including on-call rotation
- Setup and automate development, testing, staging, and production systems for new services
- Plan and automate software deployments and service upgrades
- Develop systems and software to monitor and report service information
- Benchmark and ensure efficient performance and cost optimization for production deployments
- Develop systems and software to help generate projections for future scaling needs
- Document system architecture and tools
- Collaborate with team to support the development process by employing tools and methodologies such as Jenkins, Git, Bamboo, AWS CodeDeploy, unit testing and CI/CD
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred
- Minimum of 6 years of experience with Linux and Apache, or similar, web servers (installation, configuration, modules and tuning)
- At least 4 years of proven hands-on experience deploying and maintaining complex, custom, multi-tiered application systems in a complex, global, online operations group
- Minimum of 6 years of experience with Windows Server and IIS (installation, configuration, modules and tuning)
- Server monitoring tools: Nagios, Zabbix, Cacti, Ganglia, or comparable system
- Ability to research technical problems and solutions online
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented work ethic
- Experience with source code management tools (git, hg).
- Virtualization experience with either Docker, CoreOS, or Vagrant
- Strong production experience with cloud computing platforms like AWS, GCE, and Azure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, along with customer service, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Some Software Deployment
- Strong scripting experience: Bash, Python or Ruby, and PHP
- Log management: Graylog, Splunk, ELK, or comparable system
- Experience with JAVA applications in a Tomcat environment strongly preferred
- Experience with provisioning and configuration management tools and technologies such as Ansible, SaltStack, Puppet, Rundeck, kickstart, and others strongly preferred
- Experience with relational databases (PostGreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL)
- Knowledge of all things Linux, including networking, software packaging, and tuning
- Knowledge of all things Windows, including networking, software packaging, and tuning
- Service Discovery experience with either Etcd, Consul, or Zookeeper
- Metric aggregation experience with either StatsD, CollectD, or Logstash
- Metrics Visualization experience with either Graphite, Nagios, DataDog
- Skilled in implementing full lifecycle (design, test, implement, document, API) development and release management using modern collaboration tools
- Clear evidence and demonstration of experience and knowledge of the above-mentioned skills
We’re looking for Mavericks!
FATHOM is a positive disruptive force for the water industry. Our motto is “Rules are made to be broken.” That’s why FATHOM looks for those Mavericks who find delight in challenging the status quo and turning it upside down on a daily basis. It takes a courageous individual to feel comfortable in such a liberating environment, with strong attributes like hardworking, innovative, collaborative, proactive, eating pressure for breakfast (and liking it), and playing as hard as you work. Bring these strengths to work and FATHOM has a place for you.
If you are interested, apply or send your resume via email to 'careers at gwfathom.com' . Please reference the position title in the subject line of your email.
Equal Opportunity Employer