Customer Service Representative
Customer Service | Haltom, TX | Full Time
FATHOM is a Phoenix, AZ company providing a cloud-based, geospatial platform that encompasses the needs of a water utility from an end-to-end, completely organic perspective. The FATHOM platform is deployable at any scale in a matter of months and can be implemented in several different configurations, from a software-as-a-service (“SaaS”) offering to a fully outsourced billing and customer care service.
Originally part of Global Water Resources, Inc. (GWRI), a leading water resource management company that owns and operates water, wastewater and recycled water utilities, FATHOM was developed in-house to provide the features and functionality required to run the GWRI utilities efficiently and effectively. Now as its own independent software company, FATHOM continues to provide Customer Information System (CIS), Asset Management System (AMS), and Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) services for utilities, including GWRI, Nationwide.
With in-depth utility knowledge and experience in our DNA, FATHOM has created and is riding the wave to smarter, more efficient water utilities. The water utility industry needs increasing standardization and economies of scale to become more efficient. The FATHOM vision is to provide that to utilities through our platform of data elements and to facilitate a place for the latest technology to flourish and allows utilities of all sizes to benefit from them. By bringing standardization to a fragmented market the industry collectively becomes more efficient and sustainable and takes advantage of the opportunities that pristine data provides. We believe there is strength in numbers.
- Performs a variety of customer service functions on behalf of the FATHOM billing department. Assist customers over the telephone and in person with a wide variety of questions, requests and complaints related to their utility account including, but not limited to, start/stop requests, explanation of services provided, delinquencies, etc. Reports to the Customer Service Supervisor.
- Successfully interact with a wide variety of customers daily.
- Respond to inquiries regarding utility services and customer accounts.
- Create and open new customer accounts, determine service locations and deposits required.
- Process connects/disconnects of service, customer inquiries regarding water consumption, leaks and service requests.
- Update Customer account information records.
- Update and maintain customer account information and billing records.
- Handle utility payment activity including billing payment collections in various forms such as credit cards, checks, and cash.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with customers, co-workers and others; providing feedback and strong problem solving.
- Regular, reliable and punctual attendance and with a professional manner.
- Participates in general office duties including answering incoming calls, preparing service notices, and maintaining departmental records and files.
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically with the public and co-workers in a variety of situations - Extremely strong customer service skills required.
- Accuracy and attention to detail in all work areas involving cash receipts and monetary transactions.
- Proficiency with Outlook, Word and Excel needed.
- Ability to understand and resolve complex customer account inquiries.
- Ability to work efficiently & effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to apply conflict resolution skills to ensure successful outcomes
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED is required
- 1-2 years’ experience relating to customer service
- Previous billing experience with a city or similar organizations.
Equal Opportunity Employer