Accounting Data Analyst
Accounting | Austin, TX | Full Time
About FATHOM (Global Water Management, LLC)
FATHOM operates a technology enabled managed service solution for our clients in the Water Sector. Fathom runs third party, internally developed cloud-based solutions to support water utilities from meter to cash collection by providing solutions and services such as Customer Information System (CIS), Asset Management Systems (AMS), Advance Metering Infrastructure (AMI), and Managed Services.
With in-depth utility knowledge and experience in our DNA, FATHOM has created and is riding the wave to smarter, more efficient water utilities. The water utility industry needs increasing standardization and economies of scale to become more efficient. The FATHOM vision is to provide that to utilities through our platform of data elements and to facilitate a place for the latest technology to flourish and allows utilities of all sizes to benefit from them. By bringing standardization to a fragmented market the industry collectively becomes more efficient and sustainable and takes advantage of the opportunities that pristine data provides. We believe there is strength in numbers.
We are looking for someone who enjoys improving processes, automating systems, owning the underlying systems and data flow for cash transactions into Accounting.
The position will own (and help to negotiate) the relationship and reporting with the credit card provider, the Lockbox provider, to the bank and will need to become familiar with our CIS system where billing and collections occur for our clients. This position requires attention to detail with the ability to keep the big picture in mind. We are looking for an analytical thinker who also has the willingness and ability to work with large volumes of data and think out of the box.
- Reporting to the VP of Accounting, own the order to cash flow process and systems, understand and design or improvement their interfaces as the company grows and adds significant volumes.
- Reconcile the cash transactions data between systems and our clients.
- Primary owner of cash flow processes (selecting and setting up high volume Lockboxes, and reconciliations from order to cash receipt)
- Partner with key business personnel including Cash Application, Reenue Management, and Customer Care to onboard new clients as well as improve existing processes and document end to end processes related to cash.
- Be the point person for the testing, designing new client interfaces, and merchant id’s on go lie.
- Ensure appropriate internal controls are implemented.
- Comfortable with analytics, KPI’s and creation of value add metrics in the order to cash process
- An “A” player who can adapt well in a fast pace, changing enironment.
- Ability to prioritize and function under tight deadlines.
- A “self-starter” who can identify and implement improvements.
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving skills, and dealing with ambiguity.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high leel of difficulty.
- Able to work overtime as needed.
- Acute attention to detail, while maintaining visibility of the big picture.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate to all levels of operations and financial management.
- Commitment to excellence and continuous improvement. “Can Do” attitude.
- Ability to delier accurate results in a fast-paced environment.
- Adanced experience with MS Excel (Vlookups, Sumifs, pivot tables, queries, etc.) Visual Basic, SQL, Access a plus
- Prior experience with Netsuite (preferably a report writing guru) and Domo BI
Education and Experience:
- 5 - 6 years of related data reconciliation experience, systems / accounting experience.
- 3+ years of experience with systems implementations/enhancements preferred; NetSuite required.
- 3+ years of progressiely complex analytical experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related business field (Master’s degree preferred)
We are looking for Self-Starters!
- FATHOM is a positive disruptive force for the water industry. FATHOM looks for those individuals who find delight in challenging the status quo. We are looking for team members to exhibit attributes like a strong work ethic, innovative, collaborative, proactive, being comfortable with ambiguity, problem solving, Bring these strengths to work and FATHOM has a place for you.
Equal Opportunity Employer FLSA: Exempt