Investor Relations Associate
Sales | Remote, OR | Full Time
Create a New Asset Class. Feed the Planet. Fight Climate Change.
Recognizing that farming is the single most vital industry on our planet, we want to drive sustainable and prosperous food systems that work for everyone in our globally connected world.
We are creating a technology-driven investment and trading platform for a brand new asset class - a $10 trillion global farmland market, previously only accessible to the largest institutional investors. This is a unique opportunity to join at the very beginning of this exciting journey and help grow a truly innovative financial product while also having an active role in battling climate change and creating food systems of the future.
The founding and executive teams have decades of institutional experience in ag, farmland, and food investing, having previously deployed over $1B into this asset class. We also have deep financial and tech expertise that allows us to build investment products for the future. We’ve raised several million dollars in VC and angel funding to date, have thousands of investors on our platform, and have deployed millions of dollars into farmland deals across the United States.
Our backers include Blue Seed Collective, Franklin Templeton ($1.5T global asset manager), Richie Prager (a former key executive at BlackRock, the largest asset manager in the world), founders of Grammarly, founder of Pillpack, former CEO of Fonterra (largest dairy exporter in the world) and many other prominent financial, agricultural and tech professionals.
Our vision is to provide all investors with access to farmland investments, and farmers and farmland owners with access to flexible and creative capital.
First and foremost we want to hear from you if:
- You are passionate about one more of the following: agriculture, climate, farming, investing or finance.
- You are a hustler.
- You have a “no task too-big or too-small mentality”.
- You are a self-driver that can take a project and run with it.
- You are a doer. We are looking for actions and results first and foremost.
- You are data-driven and analytical by nature.
- You learn fast.
- You are looking for a long-term remote culture.
You will succeed in this role if:
- You are able to prioritize and balance multiple competing priorities & projects at once.
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Have a finance background / understanding of investing.
- Have great interpersonal, presentation and communication skills; you are social by nature and enjoy talking to people on the phone.
- Are able to build strong, lasting professional relationships.
- Have a hunger to learn and take on new challenges/roles outside of the main job description.
We are looking for our first top of sales funnel, inbound investor relations hire. You will report to the Director of Growth & Marketing, and will be carrying out a crucial role that sits in between the marketing/sales team and investor relations/management team.
As an Investor Relations Associate, you will be responsible for our top of sales funnel. You will act as the first point of contact with prospective clients (registrants and interested investors), providing them with supporting content and information to aid in their transition from interested investor to first-time investor. You will follow up with these clients and schedule meetings as needed for our IR team. You will evaluate their portfolio goals and objectives, and closely collaborate with marketing, IR, and sourcing, portraying your findings and enabling each team to effectively market and match our offerings to our clients needs and desires. You will know the in’s and out’s of our client database.
In this role you will have the opportunity to grow your responsibilities quickly, and to advance into a senior member of the sales or investment relations team.
You will be joining a small but rapidly growing start-up, and thus must be someone who is comfortable with ambiguity, taking on multiple responsibilities, wearing multiple hats, and is flexible as the company transitions into a streamlined business and puts into place scalable processes and programs.
- Own and achieve significant goals focused on the conversion of marketing leads and registrants to first-time investors.
- Research and prepare responses to investor inquiries, scheduling meetings as needed for our IR team.
- Timely follow-up with marketing program-driven leads and registrants (SLA same day business).
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of our business and offerings, financial markets, investment strategies, and the competitive landscape.
- Ownership, coordination and preparation of investor reports, presentations and communications.
- Use data to identify opportunities for the broader team to more effectively match and market offerings to investors needs and demands.
- Work with other teams to ensure a great customer experience - including a smooth handoff to the IR team.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills, & Competencies:
- 3+ years of professional experience with Investor Relations or related field
- A Bachelor's/Master's degree (or higher) in Finance, Business, Or Related
- Understanding of investors and how to enhance our profile within the scope of the marketplace.
- Previous experience within investor relations at a financial services or trading company.
- Track record of consistently achieving ambitious pipeline goals.
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills.
- Ability to handle frequent investor contact with grace and professional judgment.
- US-based (ideally New York or San Francisco Bay Area)
Seniority Level: Entry
Industry: Financial Services, Agriculture
Employment Type: Full-Time
- We provide medical, dental and vision insurance for US team members and a $250/month stipend to use towards healthcare for international team members.
- Fully remote work!
- $500 one-time stipend for home office setup.
- Professional development expenses covered (courses, conferences, books, trainings, etc)
- 401K and HSA
- No-fee investment into our farmland products.