Flash Actionscript Game Developer
Software Programming | Fort Lee, NJ
Fantage.com is a virtual world game website for kids between 6 to 16 years old. Here they can dress up their avatars, compete in fashion show games, play secret missions, decorate their rooms, adopt and play with pets, and make new friends. Fantage.com has created a safe, fun, and exciting virtual place where users can enjoy the fun community and participate in various events and parties.
Fantage.com has grown rapidly to become one of the leading online destinations for children, with over 20 million registered users, and is well funded as a start up. In addition to the success of our virtual world, Fantage has developed and published many mobile games, both on the iOS and Android platforms. We are excited to bring awesome new titles to both the online and mobile space.
We offer a casual, fun, and exciting work environment with vast opportunities for growth and advancement. Innovation is what we're all about here at Fantage and if you believe you have what it takes, we invite you to apply!
Please visit www.fantage.com for more information.
We are seeking a talented programmer with solid experience utilizing ActionScript. This candidate will be working on developing games for Fantage Virtual World, programming various components for the Front-End client of Fantage.com, and enhancing the overall technical performance.
You must be able to work independently and proactively, and at the same time have excellent teamwork skills as you will be working in a small, tight team. This candidate may take complete ownership of a sub project, thus a strong leadership is required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• +1 year extensive programming experience in ActionScript 3
• Game development experience using ActionScript
• Familiarity with using the existing frameworks (i.e. Tween Engine, Box2D, and Starling)
• Eagerness to make fun and successful games and features!
• Automated testing/build/deployment experience is a plus
• iOS and/or Android with Adobe Air development experience is a plus
• Socket and asynchronous programming experience is preferred
• Works well under pressure to meet deadlines
• Strong attention to detail
This position is full-time and on-location only at our New Jersey office