System Administrator (San Francisco)
Technology | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
FanBridge is the world leader in Fan Relationship Management (FRM)
Our rapidly growing web based platform helps artists to build, manage, and communicate with their fans via email, mobile, social networks.
- #1 Fan Relationship Management platform globally
- 85+ million fans under management
- Funded by top tier investors who believe in our team/vision
- A fun environment where smart minds come together to build what they dream up
- Every team member is equally responsible for our success!
- Uptime: Help us keep the lights on and customers happy.
- Scaling: We're growing fast, scale up, scale out.
- Performance: Lets go faster with what we have.
- Uh oh: Troubleshoot site issues
- Hackers: Ensure system and network security
- Develop: custom tools as necessary
- Document: system design and procedures
- Backups: See Uh oh and Hackers.
- Network: firewalls, routers, switches
- Participate: in on-call rotation
- Experience with Linux or UNIX system administration (a given)
- Solid understanding of fundamental technologies like TCP/IP, HTTP, SMTP, BGP,
- Experience with configuration management tools (puppet, chef, cfengine), monitoring (nagios, god, ganglia), trending (munin, cacti), network design, backups
- Strong scripting skills in the presence of flying darts
- Knowledge of best practices related to security, performance, and disaster recovery
- Knowledge of LAMP environments
- Excellent communication skills
- A sense of humour!
- Advanced knowledge of network design, management of Cisco network equipment, or BGP
- Experience at a large-scale consumer internet site
- CentOS and Ubuntu distribution familiarity
- Database Optimization
- Nginx experience
- The Kitchen Sink