Director of User Experience (UX)
Technology | San Francisco, CA | Full Time and Temp to Perm
Are you the perfect bridge between art and science? Do you live, breath, dream about the perfect user experience?
We want someone who understands user experience and can translate that into great user interfaces. We want a forward thinker and someone who is ready to define their environment and write an amazing process flow. Think you can handle this challenge? Apply now!
What we are looking for
- 5+ years experience as a User Experience Designer (UX) at a start up or design agency
- You really are a UX designer, not just an Art Director who dresses up as one on Halloween.
- A true "maverick" when it comes to translating requirements, feature concepts, use cases and design challenges into site maps, user flows, user scenarios, wireframe schematics, prototypes and functional specification documents
- Ability to engage and inspire those around you, get them to think "outside the wireframe"
- A high EQ score that will land you the Congeniality Award of the Year
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- The proof is in the pudding - show us what you've done in your portfolio of high Fidelity wire frames, research studies, info graphics, A/B testing, and prototypes.
What you'll do
- Work with the Heads of Design and Product to concept and create amazing features/applications to our new platform.
- Guide us into creating Evidence Based Design (EBD) so our design decisions are informed and based off of real numbers, the perfect balance of art and science.
- Help define our process of investigation, experimentation, and ultimately validation so that when we push a new feature/application out to hundreds of thousands (potentially millions) of people, we know it will work.
- Create working prototypes of concepts for our front end and back end teams.
- Sketch out concepts at great length.
- Be really passionate about your decisions, but back it up with data.
Getting to the good stuff
Great, so what do I get in return?
- Competitive base salary (DOE) + annual performance bonus
- Full insurance benefits (medical/dental/vision), 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, and more
- A sweet new computer and blackberry
- Extra goodies like team meals, lots of munchies and drinks in the office, team nights out, etc.
- An amazing (and newly-moved-into) SOMA penthouse office
- We are a GROWING company, so as we grow, YOU will grow!
Why you want to work here
We could give you a little blurb about what FanBridge.com is, but since you’re a go getter we know you’ll just do your research on us. What we will give you insight into is what it’s like here...
Because you're the best at what you do. Because a small startup means everyone's work matters. Because you want to *want* to go to work every day.
Because we’re not one of those one office—or even one time zone--companies. We roll in New York City, San Francisco, and Buenos Aires. Like to travel? Our employees have the unique possibility of working from the other offices to check out what it's like from other perspectives.
We get to see our work positively impact the careers of lots of talented people. That’s pretty sweet. We thrive on “wow” moments and take pride that we’re building something bigger than ourselves.
Because you're up for team meals and happy hours and seeing bands (at least our bands) and, more than likely, ping pong. Okay, and string cheese. We have a whole team here devoted to balancing out our productivity with…Good. Times.
We're a smart crew and we want to stay smart. The same team devoted to keeping us fun also works to let people know about classes, seminars, and conferences that would a) be awesome/interesting and b) help the cause.
Working here means working with the most talented (and fun) people from multiple countries…speaking multiple languages…doing multiple tasks. There is no “rinse, repeat” type of day at FanBridge.
We love where we work and who we work with. No really, it’s weirdly true. (Yeah, fair enough - we may not always love everyone’s turntable.fm contributions, but we at least mock them kindly.)
You get the freedom to work on projects you’re actually passionate about. There’s something you think we need that you want to take on? It’s yours – run with it.