Director of Communications
Communications | New York, NY | Full Time
FanBridge is the world leader in Fan Relationship Management (FRM)
Our rapidly growing web based platform helps artists to build, manage, and communicate with their fans via email, mobile, social networks.
We're a New York based company and we are looking for new team members who are fun, talented, passionate, driven and fit with our company's "proactive genius" culture. We offer a fast paced and collaborative team environment, where your contributions are highly valued.
We just announced some big news (http://blog.fanbridge.com/fanbridge-acquires-damntheradio-and-closes-series-a-financing) and have more exciting announcements on the way.
- #1 Fan Relationship Management platform globally
- 85+ million fans under management
- Funded by top tier investors who believe in our team/vision
- A fun environment where smart minds come together to build what they dream up
- Every team member is equally responsible for our success!
- Featured in Techcrunch, Billboard, Mashable, NPR, Business Week, and more
Our ideal Director of Communications candidate is...
- A skilled writer with excellent communication skills, can think and react on their feet
- Always thinking how to surface the most interesting parts of all the data we collect (we have tons, we want your help to distill it into interesting points)
- A people person who is always at ease in conversations and can network with ease
- A self-starter who's ready to take initiative, and makes juggling multiple tasks look easy
- Excited to report directly to company founders and craft communication strategy (and then execute it)
- Able to effectively generate media coverage, and revise strategy mid-stream if needed
- Someone that understands how to share FanBridge's core values and value proposition
- Already equipped with experience and relationships with press and industry thought leaders (minimum of 4+ years agency experience)
- Experienced in dealing with media in the tech and music space
- Understanding of how to apply your skills to improve our core metrics
- Flexible schedule and available for travel
- Understand how to use and leverage social media platforms in the overall communication strategy (Twitter, Facebook, Quora, LinkedIn, blogs)
- Evangelize our numerous client success stories to the right outlets (traditional and non-traditional)
- Write press releases, blog posts, pitches, briefs, presentations, case studies and internal materials
- Tailor a message for specific audiences (customers vs investors vs partners vs media) and coming up with a plan of attack that includes tactical ways to get that message across to each audience at the right time.
- Assist with the creation of marketing materials and press kits
- Expand existing relationships with journalists, not just blast when we have news
- Manage and facilitate analyst relations
- Identify and secure speaking & awards opportunities at conferences and events
- Finding and arranging appropriate promotional and sponsorship opportunities
- Creating and having responsibility over a central database to track your contacts/leads/clients
- Delivering results
- Nonstop hustle to keep clients happy and relationships growing
- Monitor news and social media platforms to identify industry trends and hot topics
- Update and maintain the press section of the corporate website
Compensation & Perks:
- Competitive base salary (DOE) + annual performance bonus
- Full insurance benefits (medical/dental/vision), 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, and more
- A sweet new computer and blackberry
- Extra goodies like team breakfasts, lots of munchies and drinks in the office, bowling nights, etc.
- Nonstop availability of competitors for office ping pong or darts
- LOTS of sunlight in our Flatiron office
- We are a GROWING company, so as we grow, YOU will grow!
**In your cover letter, please list why you feel FanBridge stands out compared to others in our space**
*NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE*