Awesome Marketing/Product Internship at SOMA Startup!
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Internship
FanBridge is the world leader in Fan Relationship Management (FRM)
Our rapidly growing web based platform helps artists to build, manage, and communicate with their fans via email, mobile, social networks.
Our SF office is looking for new team members who are fun, talented, passionate, driven and fit with our company's "proactive genius" culture. We offer a fast paced and collaborative team environment, where your contributions are highly valued.
- #1 Fan Relationship Management platform globally
- 500+ million fans relationships under management
- Funded by top tier investors who believe in our team/vision
- A fun environment where smart minds come together to build what they dream up
- Every team member is equally responsible for our success!
Interns will work in our SOMA office and assist the company in all areas but focus primarily on projects related to marketing, product conceptualization and implementation, user testing and research. The great thing about this internship is that you will be doing real work, not just making photocopies. You will gain real world skills, create the rules instead of just following them, and work with international teams to execute your projects. Given the hands on nature of this position, this is a great way to gain work experience at a rapidly growing tech/music company. You will be interacting directly with everyone from the founders to the clients, and will have a voice at the table for important discussions and decisions.
Specific job tasks might include:
- Researching potential marketing channels
- Manage focus groups and user testing
- Assisting our Product Management and Design teams
- Assisting our tech team with testing new features
- Evaluating new web 2.0 sites/technologies
- Writing copy for promotions and webpages
- MUST be a self-starter who combines a high level of creativity/initiative with strong organizational skills
- Experience with Google docs, and advanced internet skills
- Should have interest or experience in online marketing
- Effective problem solver who can work with minimal supervision
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment, handle multiple tasks, and complete tasks quickly and effectively
- Experience with or knowledge of current music trends and internet-based musician tools is a plus
- Experience with HTML and Photoshop is a plus
- You must have your own laptop you can use (Mac or PC)
- This is an unpaid internship (college credit is ok)
- This internship will start as soon as you can this summer/fall and will go through December
- If you are awesome, there is a very good chance this can lead to a part time or full time job (we've ended up hiring many of our interns)
- We do a lot of fun things as a company. You will certainly be involved in these regular activities.
- Position requires at least 20 hours a week (or more, if you can swing it - we figure the more involved you are, the better for everyone!).
When you apply, please include your resume, a cover letter you'd actually want to read, a few references...and your answers (with explanations) to these questions:
1. What makes a fan valuable?
2. Which websites do you visit daily?