Awesome Fall Internship
Client Relations | New York, NY | Internship
FanBridge is the world leader in Fan Relationship Management (FRM)
Our rapidly growing web based platform helps artists to build, manage, and communicate with their fans via email, mobile, social networks.
We're a New York based company and we are looking for new team members who are fun, talented, passionate, driven and fit with our company's "proactive genius" culture. We offer a fast paced and collaborative team environment, where your contributions are highly valued.
- #1 Fan Relationship Management platform globally
- 90+ million fans under management
- Funded by top tier investors who believe in our team/vision
- A fun environment where smart minds come together to build what they dream up
- Every team member is equally responsible for our success!
Interns will work in our Flatiron office and assist the company in all areas but focus primarily on projects related to marketing, sales, business development, and client management. The great thing about this internship is that you will be doing real work, not just making photocopies. You will gain real world skills, create the rules instead of just following them, and work with international teams to execute your projects. Given the hands on nature of this position, this is a great way to gain work experience at a rapidly growing tech/music company. You will be interacting directly with everyone from the founders to the clients, and will have a voice at the table for important discussions and decisions.
Specific job tasks might include:
- Researching/pitching potential clients or partners
- Researching potential marketing channels
- Creating new sales, knowledge, or advice materials
- Helping manage our social network pages
- Helping our clients use the platform more effectively
- Assisting our client service team
- Assisting our tech team with testing new features
- Communicating with clients via phone/email/twitter/etc
- Evaluating new web 2.0 sites/technologies
- Writing copy for promotions
- MUST be a self-starter who combines a high level of creativity/initiative with strong organizational skills
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and advanced internet skills
- Should have interest or experience in online marketing
- Effective problem solver who can work with minimal supervision
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment, handle multiple tasks, and complete tasks quickly and effectively
- Experience with or knowledge of current music trends and internet-based musician tools is a plus
- Experience with HTML and Photoshop is a plus
- You must have your own laptop you can use (Mac or PC)
- This is an unpaid internship (college credit is ok)
- This internship will start as soon as you can this fall (i.e. some time in late August/early September) and go through December
- If you are awesome, there is a very good chance this can lead to a part time or full time job (we've ended up hiring most of our interns)
- We do a lot of fun things as a company. You will certainly be involved in these regular activities.
- Position requires at least 12 hours a week (or more, if you can swing it - we figure the more involved you are, the better for everyone!).
When you apply, please include your resume, a cover letter you'd actually want to read, a few references...and your answers (with explanations) to these questions:
1. What makes a fan valuable?
2. Which websites do you visit daily?