Awesome Design Internship!
Design/Creative | San Francisco, CA | Internship
Looking to get your feet wet in the design world?
Think you're developing a killer style?
Want an opportunity to work with some of the best?
Apply for our Design Internship position in SF
FanBridge is a communications platform that helps influencers like Lady Gaga, John Legend, Linkin Park, and Dave Matthews band (and some 100,000 other clients) engage and build their fan base.
Currently we manage over 110,000,000 fan emails and 250,000,000+ Facebook fans. Hooked yet? We're a rapidly growing startup, and we want talent on our team.
Interns will work in either our SF office and assist the company with design needs. The great thing about this internship is that you will be doing real work. You will gain real world skills, create the rules instead of just following them, and work with international teams to execute your projects. Given the hands-on nature of this position, this is a great way to gain work experience at a rapidly growing tech/music company. You will be interacting directly with everyone from the founders to the clients, and will have a voice at the table for important discussions and decisions.
What we are looking for
- You have the ability to make things look pretty.
- You want to get your design chops wet and learn from some of the best.
- You like to actively participate in projects.
- You're fresh off the boat in the design world, yet still considered 'trendy' because you keep up with the most current trends and innovative techniques.
- You believe that in the beginning of time, there was Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Your high EQ enhances your character.
- You get it done. Period.
- You don't feel 'complete' until you have perfected that last pixel.
- (Oh, and you must have your own laptop you can use…)
- This is an unpaid internship (college credit is ok)
- This internship will start as soon as you can this fall (i.e. some time in late August/early September) and go through December
- If you are awesome, there is a very good chance this can lead to a part time or full time job (we've ended up hiring most of our interns)
- We do a lot of fun things as a company. You will certainly be involved in these regular activities.
- Position requires at least 12 hours a week (or more, if you can swing it - we figure the more involved you are, the better for everyone!).
When you apply, please include your resume, portfolio, and a cover letter you'd actually want to read…!
Why you want to work here
We could give you a little blurb about what FanBridge.com is, but since you’re a go getter we know you’ll just do your research on us. What we will give you insight into is what it’s like here...
Reason #1: Because you're the best at what you do. Because a small startup means everyone's work matters. Because you want to *want* to go to work every day.
Reason #2: Because we’re not one of those one office—or even one time zone--companies. We roll in New York City, San Francisco, and Buenos Aires. Like to travel? Our employees have the unique possibility of working from the other offices to check out what it's like from other perspectives.
Reason #3: We get to see our work positively impact the careers of lots of talented people. That’s pretty sweet. We thrive on “wow” moments and take pride that we’re building something bigger than ourselves.
Reason #4: Because you're up for team meals and happy hours and seeing bands (at least our bands) and, more than likely, ping pong. Okay, and string cheese. We have a whole team here devoted to balancing out our productivity with…Good. Times.
Reason #5: We're a smart crew and we want to stay smart. The same team devoted to keeping us fun also works to let people know about classes, seminars, and conferences that would a) be awesome/interesting and b) help the cause.
Reason #6: Working here means working with the most talented (and fun) people from multiple countries…speaking multiple languages…doing multiple tasks. There is no “rinse, repeat” type of day at FanBridge.
Reason #7: We love where we work and who we work with. No really, it’s weirdly true. (Yeah, fair enough - we may not always love everyone’s turntable.fm contributions, but we at least mock them kindly.)
Reason #8: You get the freedom to work on projects you’re actually passionate about. There’s something you think we need that you want to take on? It’s yours – run with it.