Senior Software Developer
Engineering | Austin, TX
Famigo is a startup company based out of the Austin Technology Incubator. We're a small team of highly dedicated people, and we're all passionate about everything Famigo. It's our mission to make mobile technology work for families.
We currently need a motivated person to help expand the backend and services architecture for the Famigo Sandbox platform. We are always pushing the limits on how the Sandbox helps families, so it is constantly evolving. You would be expected to review and influence ongoing design, standards and methods of our engineering process.
There's a huge opportunity for a smart self-starter to make a difference within this company and an equally outsized opportunity to learn the mobile technology business from a highly knowledgeable team. The right candidate will have plenty of room to grow within a rapidly expanding company.
- 6+ years of software development experience (python/DJango, ruby, Java, or C#)
- Accomplished at designing and building distributed scalable solutions
- Experience engineering service oriented architectures
- Expert in writing, packaging, and deploying software into fully automated production environments
- Efficient in the use of Git and integration of Git into engineering and operational work-flows
- Fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and problem solving
- Working knowledge of NoSQL (preferably MongoDB)
- Proficient in the use and deployment of databases,
- A passion for great user experiences across users of all ages
- Incredible work ethic
- The desire to produce great code
- Sense of humor
- Appetite for tacos
- Experience building recommendation engines
- Experience with Neo4J
- Experience with Celery, Elastic Search, Redis, Hive, Hadoop
- Experience with Android development
- Experience with iOS development
- Experience with DevOps (Chef, Salt)
Competitive salary + equity + benefits.
If you're interested, submit an application along with some samples of your work.