Operations | Oakland, CA | Full Time
Founded in 1949, Fairn & Swanson Inc. is recognized as a premier duty free wholesaler and retailer in North America and as one of the leaders in the American travel retail industry. F&S has experienced growth by expanding product lines and with that, distribution & retail channels. Currently, F&S operates ten (10) retail stores under the name Baja Duty Free and three (3) distribution centers around the country. We are looking for a talented Transportation Dispatcher to join our Oakland, CA Shipping Office team.
The Transportation Dispatcher provides the main point of contact within the Shipping Office for coordination of all Fairn & Swanson domestic North American open Purchase Orders (PO). First by monitoring the coordination between the Purchasing Department and with the various vendors and suppliers to make sure that all take the steps necessary to fulfill the company PO requests, then by arranging and/or tracking the inbound transportation of the PO process to ensure timely delivery. This position is critical to the success of Fairn & Swanson's promise to fulfill orders to all of its customers
Some duties include the following, as well as additional responsibilities not listed, as assigned:
• Maintain the appropriate portion (i.e. all domestic open POs) in the Fairn & Swanson Purchase Order Tracking Report (POTR). Enter all appropriate information into the system daily thereby ensuring that the POTR is an accurate one-stop source for all known data about open POs.
• Be a Liaison with all product vendors and suppliers. At a minimum ensuring that:
All open POs, as created by the Fairn & Swanson Purchasing Department (or by consignment warehouses), are acknowledged by the vendors and suppliers.
• Coordinate all transportation as required for timely pick-up of all open POs
• Review and ensure that the POTR due dates are accurately reflected and that changes are made as required.
• Inform the Sales, Purchasing, and Customer Service Departments of any changes as necessary.
• Attend the Fairn & Swanson POTR Weekly Meeting (with the Supply Chain Clerk, the Purchasing Department Supervisor and the Shipping Office Supervisor).
• Conduct continuous Freight Analysis of the inbound freight invoices to ensure all aspects of the process are balanced and correct and approve freight invoices for shipments initiated
• Provide administrative support and back up to the Shipping Office team
• High school diploma
• 3-5 years experience in global traffic management of Purchase Orders
• Knowledge of standard purchase order provider procedures and coordination
• 3-5 years in facilitating and coordinating cooperation between inside and outside work groups that include international vendors and providers
• Knowledge and experience with enterprise inventory order management, order management, warehouse or transportation management systems (ERP or CRM)
• Knowledge of customs cargo documents and/or Foreign Trade Zone experience desirable
• Intermediate level of proficiency with Office-related computer applications: Word, Excel, Outlook
• Organized and time management skills
• Accurate and detailed oriented
• Impeccable follow up skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and with a team
This is a full-time, hourly, benefited position. We offer a competitive salary depending on experience, $15.00 - $17.50 per hour. Benefits include (upon successful completion of applicable waiting periods):
• Medical • Paid vacation, sick time & holidays
• Dental • Life Insurance, AD&D, LTD
• 401(k) • Voluntary Vision
If you are interested, please submit your resume and a cover letter. We will not consider applicants who do not meet the qualifications above or who fail to submit a cover letter. No phone calls or in person inquires please. Fairn & Swanson Inc. and Baja Duty Free welcomes diversity in the workplace and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.