SENIOR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE (BDX)
Commercial | New York, NY | Full Time
Senior Business Development Associate (BDX)
Join a world class commercial team at the leading ed-tech firm reinventing how the world’s greatest companies develop their next generation of leaders. ExecOnline partners with elite business schools and their award-winning faculty to bring high level executive development programs to the e-learning space.
With our rapid growth, we are looking for driven, talented individuals with a proven track record to join our sales team as Senior Business Development Associates (BDX). The primary goal of a Senior BDX is to generate interest in our product offering with C-level executives that result in live and phone-based meetings for our sales leaders. You will achieve this result through a combination of inbound/ outbound efforts, targeted account research, thorough prospect communication, and personalized messaging. You will also have access to current and future technologies to enhance your productivity (make more money).
This is a great opportunity to further develop a successful career in sales.
Agile, entrepreneurial individuals will thrive at ExecOnline; an ability to work thoughtfully at a fast pace is essential. You’ll work with smart, entrepreneurial people, and have a real voice in shaping the company and this new space. The rewards are on many levels.
We offer competitive salary, commissions, and stock options.
This role will be based in New York City or Washington, DC.
- Be an awesome brand ambassador - create a great first impression to prospects and customers
- Be accountable for your monthly quotas of scheduled meetings and quarterly revenue goals, self-manage yourself to these goals but raise your hand when you need help
- Manage a territory and related lead generation campaigns that involve thoroughly pitching prospective client companies
- Report progress/ deliver forecasts on your efforts based on salesforce.com and team-managed reports
- Participate in strategy meetings to help shape offerings and the direction of the sales team
- Research industry and company trends to identify new business opportunities
- Track and enter activities and information in salesforce.com and related IT tools/ shared resources
- Complete ad hoc, database, and admin requests as needed (sweat equity)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Desire to meet and exceed personal and organizational goals
- 2 to 3 years of business development experience, including heavy ouband calling and pipeline development.
- Passion for sales, new technologies, and education
- Enterprise experience (preferred)
- Ability to mentor and share best practices with junior team members
- Passion for sales, new technologies & education
- Microsoft Office, Google apps, and Salesforce.com experience
- Ownership of activity performance and career management
- Ability to present professionally and intelligently to internal and external constituencies
- Superior verbal and written communication skills that generate interest and engage audiences
- High level of poise, judgment, and attention to detail
- Established time management and prioritization skills
- Adaptability and flexibility; ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Positive attitude and team player
- College / University education (4-year degree) from an accredited school
More about ExecOnline:
We’re growing fast in a very exciting space. Launched in 2013, ExecOnline partners directly with Top-10 business schools (Columbia, Berkeley-Haas, MIT Sloan, and Yale) to deliver professional development programs that empower executives to implement practical and powerful leadership initiatives. We enable companies to combine the quality and engagement of in-person development with the scale, integration and measurability of online education.
Delivered via our proprietary, interactive online platform, ExecOnline programs provide top-tier executives with the engagement and impact of on-campus study at the most sought after business schools with the convenience and ease-of-use of online education.
ExecOnline is venture-backed and winner of the 2014 Return on Education VenturED Award at the ASU+GSV Education Innovation Summit.
We are headquartered in New York City, with additional offices in Washington, DC and San Francisco.
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your resume, brief cover letter (including how you heard about us), and a link to your LinkedIn profile.