Data Warehouse Engineer
Technology | New York, NY | Full Time
DATA WAREHOUSE ENGINEER
We are a venture backed startup that is looking for someone who thinks that is appealing. We
have built a proprietary learning platform to power our business and are now looking for the
person who will be responsible for ensuring that a data-driven approach is at the heart of every
piece of our organization and platform. The perfect candidate will probably be based in the New
York City or San Francisco area and have the right combination of the following traits,
experience and personality.
We are looking for an individual to lead efforts to create and maintain our system architecture to
support our data warehousing and reporting efforts. This is a hands-on position that will work
directly with our software development and business teams to bring ExecOnline’s data
capabilities to the next level.
Your day to day will include the following tasks:
● Design data warehouse schemas that accurately represent our business and make
building reports a breeze
● Manage Redshift Data Warehouse
● Create and maintain ETL (Talend or equivalent)
● Understand current and future data sources
● Tableau administration
● Support the development of reports in Tableau
● Maintain data quality by eliminating redundant and unnecessary data
We think it's appealing because you will be able to:
● Learn on the job!
● Drive, tinker, build out all of our data initiatives.
● Be(come) an expert on executive education- and apply that expertise to make the entire
● Design data-driven solutions
● Work closely with our engineering and product teams to develop beautiful and data
driven tools to help our users (and us) understand and navigate our systems
Are we a match?
● You are excited by the challenge of developing complex enterprise solutions while
delivering simplicity for the end user.
● You have extensive backend experience but an appreciation for the importance of
elegant and beautiful design.
● You value hard work, collaboration and the ability to strike the right balance between
speed, quality and execution.
● You know how to get things done and prefer pragmatic solutions to theoretical ones.
● You are a “full stack” data person - you know how to work with large, messy datasets, no
matter where or how they are stored OR you are up to figuring it out.
● You know your math but understand that the flashiest solutions usually aren’t always the
● You have experience with some of the tools we use and are excited to learn the others:
Redshift, MySQL, Hadoop, d3.js, Kinesis, Tableau, SOLR, Elastic Search and, yes, even
Who are we and why should you care?
We’re growing fast in a very exciting space. Launched in 2013, ExecOnline is the only company
partnering directly with top-ten business schools. (Columbia, Berkeley-Haas, MIT Sloan, Yale,
and IMD). We enable companies to combine the quality and engagement of in-person
development with the scale, integration and measurability of online. ExecOnline is
venture-backed and winner of the 2014 Return on Education VenturED Award at the ASU+GSV
Education Innovation Summit.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume.