Project Management | Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to join our Project Management team. The ideal candidate will possess a fabrication background with extensive experience in electrical engineering for architectural projects, but successful Project Managers have come from a variety of disciplines.
- Assume ownership of the project lifecycle by managing all elements of design and fabrication.
- Protect the project and all entities from exposure by understanding the chain of responsibility and liability in a project and managing risk and liability accordingly.
- Create and manage project schedules according to client needs and expectations.
- Ensure the fabrication process from production to installation is in compliance with engineering requirements, project deadlines and budget.
- Communicate and coordinate with clients, architects, designers, and in-house staff on a daily basis.
- Source and research materials and services, becoming exceedingly familiar with relevant specs and procedures.
- Allocate budget resources and prepare purchase and work orders.
- Anticipate bottlenecks and problems, then proactively troubleshoot and mitigate the issue.
- Execute multiple projects at a time with varying scope, schedule and team structures.
- Some site supervision and some travel will be required.
- At minimum 8 years of project management experience in an architectural, internal manufacturing and/or construction industry is preferred. Priority will be given to candidates with all 3 industries as experience
- Post-secondary education in Architecture or Engineering
- Direct client interaction and service experience are a must
- Practical experience dealing with commercial or industrial contract administration
- A strong familiarity with architectural and engineering standards, compliance and building practices
- Experience with the following materials/projects an asset: custom metal fabrication (aluminum, steel), millwork/furniture, corian, fabrics, printed graphics, acrylic, signage, and lighting
- Ability to problem-solve with incomplete information and conform to shifting priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Strong sense of curiosity and eagerness to learn about new materials and processes
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience working with others in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The work environment is fast-paced, creative, and rewarding. If you are a team player and want to be part of a growing organization then this may be the perfect role for you. While we wish to thank all applicants for their interest in Eventscape, only those qualified for an interview will be selected.
At Eventscape, our focus is customization, our playground is architecture and our expertise is fabrication. We are the preferred partner for design and architectural professionals around the world whose creative vision requires the highest standard of fabrication. Together we share one aim: to “build the extraordinary”!
How do we do it? By working together to refine your design concept, providing expertise on materiality, finishes, details and fabrication methods; plus, embracing R+D as a critical part of each project’s success. With dedicated project managers, design detailers, engineers, fabricators, staging as well as shipping services and installers - all in-house, we provide a turnkey solution for building your custom architectural features. With access to state of the art machinery, we truly are an architectural toy factory. We build what others can’t.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.eventscape.com.
Eventscape Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. A qualified applicant with a disability is one with the required skills, education, experience and training and who can, with reasonable accommodation, perform the essential functions of the position applied for. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at 416 231 8855.