Project Management | Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
At Eventscape, our focus is customization, our playground is architecture and our expertise is fabrication. We are the preferred partner for design and architectural professionals around the world whose creative vision requires the highest standard of fabrication. Together we share one aim: to “build the extraordinary”!
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our Project Management team. The ideal candidate will possess a fabrication background with extensive experience in electrical engineering for architectural projects, but successful Project Managers have come from a variety of disciplines.
- Assume ownership of the project lifecycle by overseeing all elements of design and fabrication.
- Protect the company from over-exposure by understanding the chain of responsibility and liability in a project.
- Create and manage project schedules according to client needs and expectations.
- Ensure the fabrication process from production to installation is in compliance with project deadlines and budget.
- Communicate and coordinate with clients, architects, designers, and in-house staff on a daily basis.
- Source and research materials and services, becoming exceedingly familiar with relevant specs and procedures.
- Allocate budget resources and prepare purchase and work orders.
- Anticipate bottlenecks and problems, then proactively troubleshoot and mitigate the issue.
- Execute multiple projects at a time with varying scope, schedule and team structures.
- Some site supervision and some travel may be required.
- A minimum of 3 years of project management experience in an architectural and/or construction industry is preferred.
- Post-secondary education in Architecture or Engineering is an asset.
- Practical experience dealing with commercial or industrial contract administration.
- A strong familiarity with architectural and engineering standards and building practices.
- Experience with the following materials/projects an asset: custom metal fabrication (aluminum, steel), millwork/furniture, Corian, fabrics, printed graphics, acrylic, signage, and lighting.
- Ability to problem-solve with incomplete information and conform to shifting priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Strong sense of curiosity and eagerness to learn about new materials and processes.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience working with others in a fast-paced team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.eventscape.com.
While we wish to thank all applicants for their interest in Eventscape, only those qualified for an interview will be selected.