Design | Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
We currently have an exciting opportunity for Project Designers to join our team in Toronto.
As a Project Designer, you are responsible for managing the design process of the projects assigned to you, ensuring that deliverables are issued on time, and that client objectives are met. You will provide departments with drawings, specifications, and information necessary to manufacture our structures while ensuring strict adherence to timeliness, quality control assurance, and project budget.
- Manage and coordinate the daily scope of work and overall project design life cycle of each project assigned to you and/or shared between you and other Project Designers;
- Translate contractual documentation into comprehensive design packages (submittals, working drawings, and prototypes) that contain all required information needed to communicate to clients and/or to be used by the manufacturing department or outsourced contractors, to accurately and quickly produce the work;
- Develop and manage final designs that serve as contract documents between Eventscape, Inc. and its clients; communicate and liaise with clients and Project Managers to discuss alterations needed and approvals required on final designs;
- Identify appropriate sources of materials needed; research and analyze project elements; build awareness of alternative resources;
- Utilize both manual drawing skills and computer-based applications to create both 2D and 3D renderings;
- Maintain relevancy with all necessary software, including Solidworks, used in the production of design and contract documents on a regular basis;
- Read and understand drawings and blueprints;
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Develop and manage relationships internally as well as with clients and vendors outside the organization;
- Manage team collaboration and communication through sound leadership and teamwork skills; Consistently support the general direction, initiatives, and final decisions of the Management Team in all aspects of the business and particularly the design department; use influence sensitively to garner cooperation of co-workers;
- Coordinate and communicate with Department Managers on project progress and changes using various reports including cost analyses, timesheets, etc.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve efficiency of projects, research new building materials and fabrication/design techniques in order to increase efficiency of projects and properly troubleshoot current/future design challenges;
- Travel may be required locally and internationally to follow up on leads, deliver presentations, and liaise with client
- Ensure that sound record management of all project drawings are in line with established Company standards;
- Work alongside Project Managers to ensure projects are proceeding through the Production Departments according to contract documents, quality standards, timeframes, and budget;
- Create, maintain, and manage well-communicated design schedules to manage shifting priorities effectively and to ensure design work from start to delivery and/or installation has been organized and deadlines on projects assigned to you are met;
- Coordinate site measurements, resolve site conflicts, and liaise with clients to ensure successful installation of the project if required;
The work environment is fast-paced, creative, and rewarding. If you are a team player and want to be part of a growing organization then this may be the perfect role for you. While we wish to thank all applicants for their interest in Eventscape, only those qualified for an interview will be selected.
At Eventscape, our focus is customization, our playground is architecture and our expertise is fabrication. We are the preferred partner for design and architectural professionals around the world whose creative vision requires the highest standard of fabrication. Together we share one aim: to “build the extraordinary”!
How do we do it? By working together to refine your design concept, providing expertise on materiality, finishes, details and fabrication methods; plus, embracing R+D as a critical part of each project’s success. With dedicated project managers, design detailers, engineers, fabricators, staging as well as shipping services and installers - all in-house, we provide a turnkey solution for building your custom architectural features. With access to state of the art machinery, we truly are an architectural toy factory. We build what others can’t.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.eventscape.com.