Installation Site Supervisor (Construction)
Installation | New York, NY | Full Time
At Eventscape, our focus is customization, our playground is architecture and our expertise is fabrication. We are the preferred partner for design and architectural professionals around the world whose creative vision requires the highest standard of fabrication. Together we share one aim: to “build the extraordinary”!
We have an opportunity for an Installation Site Supervisor to join our growing team in New York. The Installation Supervisor will lead the installation of Eventscape projects assigned to them and will be based out of our Long Island City office in New York.
This role will be responsible for the planning and preparation of installations, supervising site on the front lines, and may be hands on with installs, both locally and abroad. A high degree of professionalism and leadership that fosters team growth, project ownership, quality-focus, and exceptional customer service are necessary to succeed in this role.
INSTALLATIONS & SITE SUPERVISION
- Execute installation of projects to highest standard of quality and professionalism
- Supervise installations, sub-trades/contractors on site
- Ensure thorough planning and preparation of all project elements prior to installation
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Designers, and Production to plan out efficient installations
- Perform site visits, site surveying, and evaluate methods for fabrication and installation
- Continuously look for ways to increase efficiency and decrease installation time without sacrificing safety and quality
- Enforce local regulations, OSHA safety policies and company/client safety policies
- Complete site reports on a daily basis to a high standard of accuracy
- Work with PMs and Installation team on scheduling and travel
- Travel within and outside of Canada/US for installations when required
- Assist fabrication teams to complete projects and lend input from an installation perspective
- Manage time and material costs for installations assigned to you
- Advise on design issues as necessary
- Coordinate staging and ensure strict attention to detail and quality
- Carry out packing and testing as coordinated by Project Managers
- Ensure all installer timesheets and daily reports are submitted accurately and on time
- Identify training needs and requirements for installation
- Ensure team performance always aligns with local and federal laws and regulations in addition to any Eventscape policies.
- At minimum High School Diploma or GED required
- At least 3 years of installation/site supervisory experience
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required by project schedule or site requirements
- Practical experience directing construction-related personnel, sub trades, and interact with clients (GC’s, Architects, Designers, etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of OSHA and related industry requirements
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and an openness to learn new applications
- Finish carpentry and metal fabrication experience a major asset
- Ability to travel
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.eventscape.com.
While we wish to thank all applicants for their interest in Eventscape, only those qualified for an interview will be selected.
Eventscape Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. A qualified applicant with a disability is one with the required skills, education, experience and training and who can, with reasonable accommodation, perform the essential functions of the position applied for. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at 416 231 8855.