Sales | Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
We are currently looking for a mid-level to senior Construction Estimator to join our sales and estimating team. This is an essential role in the life cycle of every project undertaken by Eventscape, as it establishes the resources, methods, and general framework to be employed by the project team. The successful candidate will have an unbridled enthusiasm for challenging and unique projects, a passion for visionary design, and a broad knowledge of materials, fabrication processes, and construction methods.
- Produce cost estimates for potential projects, including rough-order-of-magnitude ballpark costings for initial budgets as well as accurate and detailed formal costings for bid proposals
- Perform quantitative take-offs to establish accurate material, labour, and equipment costs
- Identify and make allowances for anticipated general conditions and project-related soft costs, including mobilization, detailing, engineering, travel, etc
- Solicit feedback, time projections, and cost information from internal staff and external vendors
- Prepare formal bid responses, including RFI’s, bid forms, levelling sheets, qualifications, and other supporting materials
- Gather data on past projects to identify trends, commonalities, and rules of thumb
- Maintain and “ make better “ the internal cost reference database
- Establish new and maintain ongoing relationships with key suppliers, vendors, and trades
- Monitor progress of awarded projects to ensure conformance to the original budget and fabrication intent, and to absorb information about details, challenges, and successes to increase accuracy of subsequent estimates
- Participate in post-project review meetings to gain insights from recorded data and anecdotal information
- Identify and offer solutions for value engineering opportunities that maintain the client’s design intent as well as Eventscape’s high standards
- Review and offer improvements to Eventscape’s internal costing tools and processes
- Keep informed with progressive manufacturing and construction methods, digital fabrication, and the latest methods and equipment available on the market;
- Degree or diploma in a relevant field: Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, Architectural Technology, etc.
- Experience in construction estimating, preference for large general contractors
- Passion for discovery, creativity, design, and fabrication
- Deep understanding of construction processes, manufacturing techniques, material properties, and standard practices
- Ability to interpret architectural/construction drawings, written specifications, and contract documents
- Ability to “fill in the blanks” when information is incomplete or non-existent
- Knowledge of construction tendering, levelling, and procurement processes
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Strong Excel skills
At Eventscape, our focus is customization, our playground is architecture and our expertise is fabrication. We are the preferred partner for design and architectural professionals around the world whose creative vision requires the highest standard of fabrication. Together we share one aim: to “build the extraordinary”!
How do we do it? By working together to refine your design concept, providing expertise on materiality, finishes, details and fabrication methods; plus, embracing R+D as a critical part of each project’s success. With dedicated project managers, design detailers, engineers, fabricators, staging as well as shipping services and installers - all in-house, we provide a turnkey solution for building your custom architectural features. With access to state of the art machinery, we truly are an architectural toy factory. We build what others can’t.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.eventscape.com.