Digital Fabrication | Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
At Eventscape, our focus is customization, our playground is architecture and our expertise is fabrication. We are the preferred partner for design and architectural professionals around the world whose creative vision requires the highest standard of fabrication. Together we share one aim: to “build the extraordinary”!
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a CNC Operator/Programmer to join our Digital Fabrication team. This position will be responsible for production flow, workspace arrangement, shop maintenance, and equipment management, particularly but not exclusively, on any CNC Router(s).
This position will be responsible for operating and programming the Company’s computerized numerical control (CNC) machines, the daily organization of the machining department including production flow, workspace arrangement, and equipment management. This position will also ensure the precise fabrication and seamless processing of all machining-related projects and contribute towards effective machining operations. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Act as the liaison between the design and the wood shop department; work with in-house designers to develop, create, and manage accurate CNC files for project parts using engineering drawings;
- Create cut-files for CNC Router using Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAM) software if required;
- Create, edit, and modify DWG and DXF files using Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software if required;
- Set up, operate, and maintain a variety of equipment including computer numerically controlled (CNC) tools to perform precision, non-repetitive machining operations such as setup, measurement, milling, boring, drilling, and other operations;
- Study, analyze, and interpret drawings, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequences of operations, and set up requirements;
- Manage material inventory to coincide with CNC production cue;
- Collaborate with team members on a daily basis and demonstrate a continuous effort to improve efficiency of projects and property troubleshoot current/future design and build challenge;
- Assist the wood shop with other related projects as needed;
- Ensure wood fabrication is done to a high quality standard and in good timing;
- Other duties as assigned.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.eventscape.com.
While we wish to thank all applicants for their interest in Eventscape, only those qualified for an interview will be selected.
Eventscape Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. A qualified applicant with a disability is one with the required skills, education, experience and training and who can, with reasonable accommodation, perform the essential functions of the position applied for. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at 416 231 8855.