Digital Fabrication | Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
At Eventscape, our focus is customization, our playground is architecture and our expertise is fabrication. We are the preferred partner for design and architectural professionals around the world whose creative vision requires the highest standard of fabrication. Together we share one aim: to “build the extraordinary”!
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a CNC Operator to join our Digital Fabrication team. This position will be responsible for production flow, workspace arrangement, shop maintenance, and equipment management, particularly but not exclusively, on any CNC Router(s).
- Set-up and operate all CNC machines (3-axis and/or 5-axis wood routers)
- Manage material inventory to coincide with CNC production queue
- Troubleshoot CNC-related problems (tooling, coding, quality control, organization)
- Basic maintenance on machinery and upkeep of CNC area
- Heavy lifting of material on to machine on a daily basis
- Read and interpret technical drawings
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum 1 year of work experience operating a 3-axis and/or 5-axis CNC router
- Experience CNC routing woods and plastics
- Experience working in a woodshop and using standard tools of the trade
- High organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work with a team and independently
- Dependable and able to work flexible hours
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs on a daily basis
- Ability to understand technical drawings
- Computer skills an asset (excel, file management, cad/cam)
- Bonus points for Grasshopper and/or Solidworks experience
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.eventscape.com.
While we wish to thank all applicants for their interest in Eventscape, only those qualified for an interview will be selected.